Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

1. I think FFXIII-2 is pretty good.

2. It is pretty solid. Though I'm a little worn out on the Paradigm system. The video at the opening of this thread, that is some truly awful music.

3. My son is having a lot of fun with it too.

4. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to after XIII. It fixed a lot of the gripes I had with that game.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I don't know what people see in this game. I think it's awful.
    I remember gettting to the part in Secret of Mana where you first get the CPU party member and the AI was so shitty I just turned it off and stopped playing right there.

It's pretty much mandatory to play Secret of Mana co-op with other people or you're going to have a bad time.

6. Agreed. If you can wrangle a couple of people to play with you it's a lot of fun. I played it not long after it came out and the graphics and music just blew me away. Even now that soundtrack is pretty incredible.

7. I'm playing FFXIII-2 and haven't gotten to where things are really different from FFXIII yet, but stuff like save anywhere and conversation choices are already good steps. Killing Lightning off was also a good step, even though I know she comes back later.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If they're going to outsource FF, it should be to CD Projekt Red.
    I'm not sure hospitals are adequately equipped for the landslide of abraded penis and emergency dehydration cases they'd see when the first Cloud/Tifa sex scene happened.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I think FFXIII-2 is pretty good.
    I'm only a couple hours in, but it's already better than its predecessor. That's the frustrating part--it's proof that S-E still has the talent to make a great Final Fantasy. So why not do it every time?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. One of my big problems with the current state of FF is how incredibly bad the art design is in the current versions. Everything is stupidly, laughably over-designed. I could accept the mashup of genres in FFIII's world, and FFVII was ok for its time, but FFVIII on got ridiculous. It just looks silly now, like an endless Mad Magazine/SNL parody of itself. Both of which are about as unsubtle and unfunny as parody can get, if that isn't completely obvious.

James