Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

1. so this thing supports freesync and the future HDMI variable refresh rate spec

any future console that doesn't deserves to be clowned into oblivion

2. So it supports Freesync but can it support this

3. Boooooooooo

Digital Foundry has done their usual solid technical work on E3 presentations and found that both Anthem and Assassin's Creed Origins are using the same checkerboard rendering often used on PS4 Pro to achieve "4K" on One X. That technique was a major breakthrough for the PS4 Pro, but I am surprised the X needs it. I wonder if it's just early code or if the promises of "native 4K" were overstated. Both titles also appear to be targeting 30 fps.

Dear Xbox One X developers: If you can't achieve 60 fps at 4k resolution at least give us the option of playing 1080p 60 fps as well. It can't be too difficult, you can easily do this on the PC versions.

Love,

Gohan

6. That isn't entirely true, especially since these CPUs aren't world beaters. It's like putting a really high end graphics card in a system with an old processor.

Some games will run better at a higher settings
    Some games will run the same at whatever fancy graphical settings
    Not all games will run better at even the same visual settings
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 15 Jun 2017 at 10:13 AM.

The irony is that a 1080p, 60fps box would have been cheaper to build too.

True, but that would also tell me that Microsoft misallocated resources when they were dishing out the upgrades in the thing. But hey, 4k is an awesome bullet point in the marketing.

9. more people have to get PCs

tell those assholes you care about framerate

10. Xbox Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Digital Foundry has done their usual solid technical work on E3 presentations and found that both Anthem and Assassin's Creed Origins are using the same checkerboard rendering often used on PS4 Pro to achieve "4K" on One X. That technique was a major breakthrough for the PS4 Pro, but I am surprised the X needs it. I wonder if it's just early code or if the promises of "native 4K" were overstated. Both titles also appear to be targeting 30 fps.
    If it is more powerful than the Pro, and it is, then it can do more than the Pro with that rendering method.

If a developer decided to make a 720p game for the One X then they could do a shitload at 720p, it doesn't mean the box is weak because the game is 720p.