Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III (PS4, PC)

1. With the level of fan support, he really should be able to get proper funding to make the game Shenmue III is supposed to be. I really don't get why this game is having to fight so hard to get made.

2. Because everyone with money knows it's not going to make any.

3. It's the sequel to two financially unsuccessful games from 15 years ago. Investor caution seems reasonable in this particuar case.

4. Has there been any leaks of these co-funded contracts? If $10 million would get him the game he wants, what does that translate to in total budget?

5. No, it seems the agreements are confidential. Everything is speculation. There might even be a scaling investment based on KS success, or investors who have pledged support if they hit certain levels. There's no real way to know.

6. An open-world Shenmue would be awesome. I think he might reach it, depending on how much Sony is willing to help. If they make it exclusive, he could get it.

7. So Suzuki said that "most" of the budget will proably be from KS. This is probably the best ballpark figure we'll get. I'd guess that means maybe 3 to 5 million in outside investment.

8. I wish I was interested in Shenmue like you guys are but sadly I couldn't play this game no matter how hard I tried. I'm happy some people are getting their wishes tho for the 3rd installment.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. If he needs $10 million to make the game open-world, and if Sony is going to pony up around $4-5 milion, then it's not an unrealistic goal. The Kickstarter is already at almost $3.5 million and still has 27 days to go.

10. My understanding was that the $10 million referred to the KS money not the total budget. Also the $4-5 million would be all the outside investors combined, not just Sony. I expect based on past comments that Sega is also offering at least some of that money too.

I expect this to finish over $6 million based on how it's done so far. He mentioned $5 million was also a big budgetary milestone so I expect we'll see something decent in size if not huge.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Jun 2015 at 07:09 PM.