Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 delayed 'till Winter 2007?

1. Mario Galaxy and Prime 3 delayed 'till Winter 2007?

I heard about this about 15 minutes ago on Attack of the Show. They said at this point it's just a rumour (with Pereira adding something at the last second that Reggie is insisting that Prime 3 is still set for 'early 2007,' then again Reggie also said last year Mario 128 would be a Cube title so...yeah)

If it is confirmed, I may not get a Wii until Galaxy is released. I like Zelda of course, but ever since I was a kid, Mario and Metroid have always been my #1 and #2 faves. Plus, two system launches in a row with no Mario game is annoying (let alone the fact that N64 and Cube should have had at least two Mario games each, why the current trend of only one 'canon' Mario game per system?).

Possible Phantom Hourglass delay stinks too. Anyways, this is Nintendo, king of delays so I should not be too mad. But considering Prime was originally supposed to at launch before it suffered a last second hitch (according to NP itself), it looks more like they'd just be stretching the year out. Anyways, hope it's not true but the article below claims to have been confirmed by "reliable sources" close to Nintendo.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...52528&skip=yes

Reliable sources close to Nintendo have told CVG that Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on Wii, and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS will not see light of day until Christmas 2007, which could mean anything from October to December.

CVG called Nintendo about the delays, and was told us: "We never confirmed a date for Super Mario Galaxy, but I can confirm that Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Phantom Hourglass will all release in 2007. We can't confirm an exact release date for any of these titles at this time."

This is disappointing news for Nintendo fans, but it's not all bad. The Q1 2007 release lists for the DS and Wii boast some great titles.

We just hope that Nintendo can get enough titles out to keep Wii Remotes and touch screens busy over the typically quiet summer period.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 20 Dec 2006 at 08:19 PM.

2. I'm acting astonished!

3. Hehe. And I almost bought a Wii.

4. The Q1 2007 release lists for the Wii boast some great titles.
    Really?

Take away Mario and what's left exactly?

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Really?

Take away Mario and what's left exactly?
    Nothing that Nintendo makes. The DS has Phoenix Wright at least.

7. What about SSB: Brawl? What's up with that?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The DS has Phoenix Wright at least.
    And Dragon Quest.

Or is that Q2?

DQ has to be Q4 in the US. Who knows or cares about Japan.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    DQ has to be Q4 in the US. Who knows or cares about Japan.
    I do.