Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 35678 LastLast

Thread: Can I get some critique on my site?

I don't see shit on my iPad but a grid of blue circles with text. I assume they're doing something awesome on a different browser.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I don't see shit on my iPad but a grid of blue circles with text. I assume they're doing something awesome on a different browser.
    That's all it is really. They change colors/styles if you roll your mouse over them, but iPad ain't got no mouse.

What makes the orbs kinda neat is that they're all CSS-generated. No images, and it's all a single <div>. I read that you can use the :before and :after tags to do shit like the double border and went from there--the glare/highlight circle, the radial pseudo-gradient, rounded corners into a circle. The rollovers use CSS transitions for smooth style changing/animation. Just having fun with CSS.

I wasn't shitting on you or anything! I'm just to lazy to get off my couch.

4. It's amazing what you can do with Javascript mixed with CSS3 and HTML5 now. Once LTE network speeds hit everywhere you'll probably see full-on in-browser gaming. Android also announced they're going to allow the phone to act as a controller for PCs, too. Interesting stuff - "the internet of things" approaches us quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Yeah, I need to learn javascript and HTML5, fast.

6. Not that fast, but yeah. I've been studying it in school since September and picked it up rather easily. Dynamic HTML is your friend once you're mastered DOM manipulation. I'm better at that than CSS positioning right now -- but to be fair I haven't used CSS nearly as much.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Interesting stuff - "the internet of things" approaches us quickly.
    Its all possible. We just have to wait for industry to start churning the stuff out. The technology is already available to be able to control most any device with text messages. And it becomes even easier and more user friendly when you introduce a visual OS. In the next 5 years, you should be able to control any appliance in your house with a phone, computer, or touch pad.

Yeah, you've been able to do all of that for a while... part of why most of us were loling at your little science project where you "invented" a way to do it. www.smarthome.com

9. For a demonstration in class me (and several other group members) got a paper shredder to talk remotely with our android phone. You sent it a SHRED text and it would turn on and shred anything in it. Kind of a stupid test, but a proof of concept nontheless. The internet of things is actually just everything talking to each other -- kind of like Avatar as silly as it seems. Just not "natural". Displaying text on walls and construction materials, desks, projections, etc. Standardizing the base languages these things talk in to is natural - augmented enhancements will be next in the future (probably distant), too. Information is going to be advancing at such a rampant rate you'll need digital enhancements to process and keep up.

It's evolution, baby.

But it's decades away from that. We'll probably be old as fuck or middle aged at best. But that's the way it is.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    once you're mastered DOM manipulation.
    A skill Doc is still trying to obtain.