Page 14 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    This isn't good. I just confirmed this for myself... the paddle controller does not work with the demo of Arkanoid DS available on the Nintendo Channel. Hopefully this is just a limitation of the demo. Squeenix wouldn't be stupid enough to rip out paddle support from the North American versions of Arkanoid DS and Space Invaders Extreme, would they? Would they?
    I doubt they'd go through the extra trouble of taking out paddle control support. Damn near every other game that has ever been ported to the US on every other system has always retained weird-controller support even when weird controller didn't come out here, but came out in JP.
    You don't have to be smart; you don't have to know the facts, you just have to be confident.

http://gamercards.exophase.com/37676.png

2. The paddle is confirmed as working in the US version of Space Invaders Extreme. Check out the SIE thread for the link.

What's wrong with EBA and Ouendan 2? Well, aside from EBA being a sad imitation of the first Ouendan's pure awesomeness, with a much lamer setting and story to go with the pure cheese soundtrack. The dot patterns were much better in both, and I thought Ouendan 2 only fell a bit short of the first one musically.

James

3. Joust, this has to be your 3rd DS. I remember you going on about how great it'd be before it came out, and then later buying New Super Mario Bros. and Brain Age.

If i ever buy another DS, it'll be the 4th i bought for myself, the 6th purchased. ):

Also Astro Boy GBA sucks.
    Donk

WTF is wrong with you, Finch? Astro Boy is the best game on the system.

5. The DS is like any other recent Nintendo system. There are only a few games worth owning, maybe two will come out a year, but they're games that are legitimately worth owning.

I hear Tetris DS is really good. I haven't played it and it seems to be a little hard to find, but it's supposed to be a competent version of Tetris.

For GBA games, get Ninja Five-0

6. Tetris DS is the shit if you like Nintendo's original NES lineup. Good online/multiplayer play too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I liked Wii Trauma Center better and have no desire to keep the DS one around. Tool selection on one hand and action on the other was great. The DS version certainly has its merits though, and I'm sure some people are into the higher difficulty. If anyone's looking for the DS version, please trade me something neat for it!

8. I like the DS version better simply because of the tactile feedback from the touch screen. I can get by waving the remote in the air, but the stylus gives much more precise control. I just wish there was a way to do the item selection like on the Wii.

James

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Tetris DS is the shit if you like Nintendo's original NES lineup. Good online/multiplayer play too.
    This is the first Nintendo platform I've bothered to buy puzzle games for, Meteos is decent and Tetris, PPL, and Picross are loaded with modes, Wi-Fi play, and decent design. *-neo

10. How do people have like 4 DSes? I'm still on my first one.