Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 911121314 LastLast

Thread: Original Xbox Appreciation Thread

What, me have a modded system?

2. Hey, is Project Gotham 2 the one that has Geometry Wars included?

Yep.

So, Project Gotham Racing 2.

This is really a 10 year old game? If you would have told me it was an early 360 game I would have believed you. Also, widescreen support
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. Wow. Remember when that was a thing?

Not really, I've only had an HDTV for a week, but it certainly surprised me that apparently several games do widescreen on the Xbox, as opposed to a couple of random games on the other systems. I had no idea until played Outrun Coast 2 Coast and noticed everything was squished.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'd never thought I'd live long enough to see blind xbox nostalgia.
    The TNL nostalgia associated with the original Xbox is well deserved. We had a core group of TNLers -- anywhere from 4 to 10 of us -- playing Rainbow Six 3 night after night, and it was some of the most fun I've had in four decades of playing video games. That continued on with Rallisport Challenge,and also with multiplayer in Splinter Cell, Phantom Dust and others already mentioned in this thread. Then there were the highly original 1p games like Breakdown (maybe my fave), Psychonauts, and Gunvalkyrie (maybe my second fave). And the king of them all - - the oft-mentioned Steel Battalion. That this beyond niche game even got made is miraculous. And it wasn't just an oddity - - the game itself was amazing. For a brand new platform, the absurdly big, clunky and sort of ugly offered up a surprise array of quality gaming.

Edit: I left out some words and parts of words. Fill in the blanks as you see fit.
    Last edited by Prince Planet; 18 Jun 2013 at 01:38 PM.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

8. And the best version of PSO.

9. The majority of Xbox games run in 480p widescreen.

I don't think I own a game that doesn't.

10. I remember 480p being common but not widescreen.