Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 810111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VIII (2017)

1. I know he's far from a Denis Villeneuve, but Abrams is still a step up from the Jurassic World guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    They show a scene where Snoke is torturing Rey. That's why I have a feeling that Kylo steps in to save her.
    it's not torture she's just choking on her aspirations

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    somehow redeem themselves in the end
    I don't look at Vader's "redemption" arc as ending with him actually redeeming himself. He fulfilled a purpose - whether that purpose was part of some sort of prophecy or otherwise. He's perhaps viewing it through the lens of righting a wrong (Mace Windu). He can't look inward at the blood on his hands and think all is well. Luke is viewing it as him having been right. He can't have full, true feelings for a man he didn't know or grow up with. That's why the originals are good, because of that nuance.

(Standard disclaimer of more recent watcher, first viewing was Greedo shooting first, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    -My thought is that Kylo turns good in episode 8, when Rey confronts him in front of Snoke.
    - Kylo destroys the ship that his mother is on, hoping to cut the last ties he has with his good side.
    - Rey and Kylo are related, with Rey probably being Luke's daughter.
    - Luke left her on that planet, after he failed the Jedi order.
    -Kylo and Rey will confront Snoke in ep.9 to destroy him.
    Yup. The editing of the trailer suggests that the finger on the trigger moment is a fakeout. She's obviously Force-mind-whispering to someone (probably him) or whatever in that moment. However, with Carrie's death, I wonder if they didn't switch that around. Killing both of your parents, though, wow. Snoke's gonna have to do something drastically terrible so that there's enough juice for Ben to flip. Maybe he can't do it and someone else is like, "Stealing your thunder, bro!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You're really showing your lack of actual knowledge. Lord and Miller are actually damned good directors that Disney made a poor decision of hiring since their style doesn't fit what Disney wants. And Colin Trevorrow was going to be IX which would have been good, but now it's crappy abrams finishing it up.
    I certainly didn't find myself compelled to find out who directed 21 Jump Street, after seeing it.

I read the article about them being let go, because they were trying to bring too much humor to the movie. And again, I got my movies crossed. They were replaced by Ron Howard to direct the Han Solo movie and Abrams replaced Colin.
    Last edited by gamevet; 12 Oct 2017 at 12:44 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    And Colin Trevorrow was going to be IX which would have been good
    That's debatable.

6. Colin Trevorrow made the very bland and safe Jurassic World, and probably would have made a very bland and safe Star Wars movie.

The Last Jedi is being directed by the Looper guy, correct? Looper was a pretty good, albeit slightly overrated movie, so I have higher hopes that Last Jedi will be better than Force Awakens (to the degree that Disney would ever let any director exercise creative control, which is probably very little). But what does it matter with JJ Abrams back for the next movie? He'll just shit everything up again.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Brick by the same director fuckin' ruled, so I have hopes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Yeah, I think you guys are giving these directors more or less credit than they deserve when it comes to these movies. Disney isn't hiring them for their creative prowess. They're hired to follow orders.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Brick by the same director fuckin' ruled, so I have hopes.
    Yeah, but Rian Johnson's never made a movie for a major Disney franchise before. They're going to have his balls under a fucking microscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Yeah, I think you guys are giving these directors more or less credit than they deserve when it comes to these movies. Disney isn't hiring them for their creative prowess. They're hired to follow orders.
    Basically what I said above, yeah. The producers are the real ones calling the shots here.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 11 Oct 2017 at 11:27 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Yeah I can’t get excited about this movie. It just looks like a movie made by an executive committee. I’ll watch it because it’s Star Wars but it doesn’t look like anything special.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!