Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

They were all dead!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The Disney Princesses line continues to grow I see.
    Disney is in a strange spot of constantly having to meet parents demands.
    First it was the lack of boy stuff, that's why we got stuff like Ralph and Good Dinosaur.
    Then Marvel gets shit on for not having a girl comic movie coming out, even though Captain Marvel and Ms. Marvel were some of the highest selling physical comics.
    Then Star Wars gets shit for not having strong female leads since Leia, so we get Rey and New Rey.
    I don't envy them being as big as they are and having to try and cater to every single asshole/focus group.

They don't have to though. Disney is far more PC than any of their competitors, so where are these idiots going to take their dollars if Disney doesn't kowtow?

4. They are just capitalizing on their audience. They have enough properties now to cater to everyone including weird alien fetishes.

5. What's not to like about a bad ass, strong, female lead. It's not like we aren't going to get any Star Wars films with male leads. We have the Han Solo solo film coming up. And aren't there talks of an Obi Wan and Boba Fett spin offs as well?

I have no issue with them from the Ellen Ripley / Lara Croft standpoint, because they weren't developed as a response to focus groups. I don't think this trailer would have struck a nerve either, had we not already heard about Episode VIII being re-written because of that type of nonsense.

edit: Back to the Bothans, there's a distinct lack of any non-humans in this trailer.

edit2: Back to Chux' point, why are kids / general audience movies gender-targeted in the first place? There are probably literally millions of women who loved the original Star Wars trilogy without any focus group bullshit.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 07 Apr 2016 at 11:09 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

edit2: Back to Chux' point, why are kids / general audience movies gender-targeted in the first place? There are probably literally millions of women who loved the original Star Wars trilogy without any focus group bullshit.
    Because this is the climate of pussies that's been created. It's the same reason Blazing Saddles couldn't be made today.

I can't argue with that.

9. Participation Trophy.

10. I don't mind a strong female lead. It's just that this one looks and sounds just like Rey and seems to be a loner bad-ass who's good at everything just like Rey was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Back to the Bothans, there's a distinct lack of any non-humans in this trailer.
    It's a minute-long teaser. I'm sure some Muppets will be revealed soon.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww