Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 717192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: So, are there any other members on here from 2005?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Damn dude, what the fuck is wrong with some people. Not just the dude that hit you and ran but the people driving by and just leaving you to bleed and be unconscious. Fuck.
    Most people have no clue what to do with someone in serious need of help, unfortunately.

2. Sorry Aurora, let us know what you need.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Most people have no clue what to do with someone in serious need of help, unfortunately.
    Um...call 911? It's not hard.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Remember that video Josh posted about the convenience store clerk getting shot?

Some bitch walked in, saw him lying behind the counter and immediately walked right back out the door.
    Last edited by gamevet; 27 Oct 2017 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yeah dude I mean, I’d definitely pitch in too. I can’t promise 30,000$, but we may be able to help in some way.
    Aww, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I'll definitely consider it. Every time I was about to in the past I just said "nawww...." and moved on. I'll see how much this potential new job pays and go from there. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Man, reading Aurora's story made me genuinely sad. And now I am just so angry at that piece of shit that hit and ran. Even though I haven't been here in almost a decade and don't have a lot of money myself, I'd still chip in if you guys set up a fund. I have nothing but good memories of Aurora's never-ending enthusiasm and perkiness, and to see that light being dimmed is so very sad. Not being able to smile, man.. I'm so sorry Aurora.

l
    <3 Thanks so much - it's definitely been a nightmare.

I've tried everything I could to track down the asshole, but it was in a bit of a remote area in far Northwest Austin. I asked the apartment complex nearby if they had cameras, and they just laughed. Classy.

I still smile, but not a teethy smile. But, yeah, it definitely took away 99% of my perk. Or hope. The situation was made worse by the timing. Ohhhhhh the time, hahah. I'll explain more on that below.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Damn dude, what the fuck is wrong with some people. Not just the dude that hit you and ran but the people driving by and just leaving you to bleed and be unconscious. Fuck.
    Yeah People really suck! I think similar has happened in Austin a number of times, but with much worse results (death). I'm lucky to be alive, and he wasn't going overly fast. I think he was impatient that I was crossing the street to slow? I have no idea. He was going fast, stopped when he saw me, and then like kept going again while I was STILL crossing the street.

I'm just going to guess that he was really drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Hey Aurora. I'm really sorry to hear about your accident and the subsequent rut it's left you in the past few years. I really hope you stay strong and pull yourself together. And yeah, if you want to lean on TNL to help, I'd be glad to kick in a few bucks as well. Frankly, you'd be stupid not to take us up on it.

In the meantime, consider whoring yourself out to closeted married men. Oh, and have you checked out local dental colleges?

<3333 Everyone is slowly convincing me to maybe do it. I'll think about it over the weekend. I guess I'm partially worried my ex will find it. I know I shouldn't care, but eh.

Which leads me to...the timing. It was a few months after a pretty insane breakup. The relationship lasted nearly 8 years, so it was rough. That's a horrible time for it to happen, but the worst part is that they worked two rows down from me. So, I got to come into work for around 6 months looking like I got beat up.

Hell, even 6 month down the line I still looked like this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...ERLTTh0MURBLUk

I eventually got the two front teeth shaved down, but since then (it's been like 3 years), the chipped tooth is pretty much a nub. It broke off a lot the other day.

I guess it should be "lucky" it was mostly molars the were affected, but that makes eating challenging.

I guess the right side is the most painful:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...EJDVU1Xeld3VVk

It's hard to tell, but the bottom two molars are just nubs, which break more each time I eat. So I get a little bit of 2spicy bits of teeth with each meal.

And here's the other side...which is pretty much nonexistent:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...TZkSmVqUndZVFk

Sigh. I feel really gross and weird sharing these, but maybe it's good therapy. I'll likely take take down the links tomorrow.

But yeah, I think the damage occurred due to the gritting of my teeth when I hit the pavement. It's hard to tell, but pretty much every single tooth was chipped in some fashion. Or cracked down the middle, which isn't visible in the pics much. Surprised some of the teeth have held up! Though I have a crown hanging on for dear life.

They are also shifting, which realllyyyyy sucks. I'm trying to workout a good plan with the doctor. He could work on the top arch first, for cheaper, and then a year or two later I could do the bottom, which would be more pricey. Blahhh, I better get back to work. Thanks for all the encouragement and sweet words, everyone. I genuinely appreciate it, as I've not really had anyone to turn to after the breakup. I've been a hermit.

<3
    I took all your French Toast.

6. I've had about 4 shitty things happen in the last 24 hours (latest thing- Jeep started making an awful noise on the way to work so I pulled over and had it towed, making me an hour late), but nothing so bad as what you've endured. If sharing didn't help you feel better, it helped to make me feel better about my smaller issues- so maybe knowing that can help you feel better?
    Anyway, please put your paypal info out there. It won't be until the Christmas money starts rolling in but I'd definitely throw some loot your way.

7. Cotc is only 4u2c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I somehow still sorta blame myself for the situation.
    This is a really sucky part of being a victim, but you gotta remember that it’s not your fault. You were doing good things. The driver and multiple other people actively did bad things and didn’t step up to make them better.

Please hang around here and in chat. And the least we can shoot the breeze and laugh at dumb people.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I'd put in. Maybe it could be the christmas thing this year.
    I'm in for this. Lets cancel Christmas and do something cool.

In the meantime, consider whoring yourself out to closeted married men.
    This, probably. Go flap your ballsack around on chaturbate and make a mint.

Oh, and have you checked out local dental colleges?
    Students are good for a cleaning, but I'd not trust them to much else.

9. Awwww Aurora! That sucks! You brought nothing but good time to this board. Unlike that piece of sshitt, bbobb.

I’ll help!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    cancel Christmas
    So I'd imagine TNL could raise enough to get you a partial denture (I don't think this is the correct term) that, while not being perfect, would keep your bite from drastically changing until you can get together enough for the full work. My dad was a dentist for almost 50 years if you have any questions you'd like me to ask him.

I'd imagine you've looked into state, and private dental plans. None of them will cover any of it? Insurance is so shady.