Page 15 of 329 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

What about it?

2. It is alive and makes all my favorite things.

edit: except pussy.
    Last edited by Hubbitron; 20 Sep 2008 at 09:25 PM.

Pussy makes yeast.

and it makes awesome things (OTHER THAN YEAST =C )

btw, thinking about getting a copy of the joy of cooking on amazon tonight.

any idea what the good ones are? there are like 12 different ones on the first page.

6. Get the newest release. I have the 75th anniversary edition - I think that's the most current. Getting one from the 90's would be cheap but you'd be missing out on a lot of changes - not only in recipes but in verbiage as well.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. For goat cheese:

Grab some chicken breasts. Pound them thin with your meat hammer. Mix your goat cheese with crushed walnuts and some chopped garic. Place mixture onto one end of the pounded-out chicken, top with spinach, and roll the it up. Bake at 350 or so for something like 30 minutes.

It's incredible. One of my favorite dishes to make. Serve it with some roasted potatoes and cool pasta salad (my favorite is orzo, feta, oil/balsamic, red pepper, basil, spinach, SD-tomatoes, pinenuts) and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Get the newest release. I have the 75th anniversary edition - I think that's the most current. Getting one from the 90's would be cheap but you'd be missing out on a lot of changes - not only in recipes but in verbiage as well.
    are these changes for the better or worse?

I actually hate a lot of modern recipes that use complicated shit.

I cook like an old southern black woman

BC, I completely empathize. My roommate will mention to a group of black friends that I can cook "real" greens and they'll say a harmonious dammmmmnn

10. The changes are for the better.
    Boo, Hiss.