Thread: Slender Man Mythos Thread

1. Slender Man Mythos Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    The Slender Man (also known as Slender Man or Slenderman) is a fictional character that originated as an Internet meme created by Something Awful forums user Victor Surge in 2009. It is depicted as resembling a thin, unnaturally tall man with a blank and usually featureless face, and wearing a black suit. The Slender Man is commonly said to stalk, abduct, or traumatize people, particularly children.[1] The Slender Man is not tied to any particular story, but appears in many disparate works of fiction, mostly composed online.[2]

[ continued ]
    I've watched the entire run (so far) of Marble Hornets in the last three or four days. I know for a fact "the Operator" a.k.a. "the Slender Man" doesn't exist. I've read the early Something Awful forum posts discussing his inception and how to go about spreading and embellishing his legend. The effects in the videos aren't even very good, his featureless face is clearly cloth and not skin. He is indubitably fiction.

Even so.

Walking the dogs late on a cold night, in our moderately wooded neighborhood full of old houses, some unoccupied, with the idea of him fresh in my mind, it is impossible not to become a bit disconcerted. To dart a fevered glance from tree to tree. To walk home just that little bit faster at the sight of a shadowy figure in a window at the other end of the street.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slender_Man_Sighting_030.jpg 
Views:	474391 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	72858 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slender_Man_Sighting_063.jpg 
Views:	18412 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	72859 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slenderman-with-the-kiddies.jpg 
Views:	3319 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	72860 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slender_man_sighting_by_burnheart146-d4zdqgg.png 
Views:	279912 
Size:	378.8 KB 
ID:	72861 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-The_Slender_Man.jpg 
Views:	8479 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	72862

Oh, and of course the whole tulpa concept is obviously bunk, but then again it's awfully creepy that this happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Such is life in Soviet Russia.

3. Not wanting to wait for the next Marble Hornets installment, I decided to check out TribeTwelve, as that seems to be the next most popular Slender series. Hoo boy. 10 episodes in, it's an order of magnitude scarier than MH. I think the difference is how much more often Noah interacts with other people.

4. I was debating Slender Man as a Halloween costume but figured no one would get it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1032 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	72886  

5. Reminds me of the Man Without a Face from Dick Tracey.

6. Finished TribeTwelve. Started out strong, but ends up crawling up its own ass with a bunch of convoluted tangents that are more confusing than scary. Started EverymanHYBRID; so far it's pretty boring. Hopefully it picks up once they notice Slendy's after them and drop the fitness video angle.

Anyway, Majesco is bringing Slender: The Arrival to 360 and PS3.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    I've watched the entire run (so far) of Marble Hornets in the last three or four days. I know for a fact "the Operator" a.k.a. "the Slender Man" doesn't exist. I've read the early Something Awful forum posts discussing his inception and how to go about spreading and embellishing his legend. The effects in the videos aren't even very good, his featureless face is clearly cloth and not skin. He is indubitably fiction.
    maybe they only want you to think it's fake... maybe it's real and you're just trying to convince yourself that it isn't
    Donk

8. When I was walking to the gym this evening I saw this terrifying figure rise up out of the shadows on the sidewalk. Then it dipped down again. I thought maybe it was my imagination. Then it was back. My eyes weren't well adjusted with the lack of street lights. I was walking right towards it. Oh god, it's real. Oh god. I have to walk past it.

It was some tall skinny chick doing some kind of crazy squat-walk.

It was really scary though.