Page 85 of 968 FirstFirst ... 718183848586878999 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I'm am feeling pretty hard for the teachers/grad students who are getting their funding cut off because of this. I can't even imagine how insanely destructive that is to someone's life.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Is it unreasonable to you that some people feel the government is bad at "helping the meek" and they would rather do it in their own way?

Not to say that there isn't hypocrisy. Donating to your church is basically propping up your own social circle. Nevertheless, writing a bigger check to D.C. because Uncle Sam tells me I have to is not an act of kindness. It's just as likely being used to drop bombs on some shithole.
    On all this, I agree.

Plus, I'm tired of people acting like helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first is hypocritical or selfish. I'd rather everyone do a lot of small 'selfish' good than just hand over money that gets its majority siphoned off by bureaucracy, but hey, we can all lazily pat ourselves on the back for 'doing something' in the least involved way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    On all this, I agree.

Plus, I'm tired of people acting like helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first is hypocritical or selfish. I'd rather everyone do a lot of small 'selfish' good than just hand over money that gets its majority siphoned off by bureaucracy, but hey, we can all lazily pat ourselves on the back for 'doing something' in the least involved way.
    How involved it is shouldn't matter, how much it helps should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    On all this, I agree.

Plus, I'm tired of people acting like helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first is hypocritical or selfish.
    No one says that.

The issue is that most people use that as an excuse. They say that stuff, then they never do it. They go home after work and goof off. And they spend their money on boats. Or a bigger truck.

"helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first" often never happens.

All this shit isn't even hard. People are tired of 1/3 of their check being taken. I literally could buy a car every year for what I pay in tax. People get tired of that. Because we're all entitled. We never think about all the shit that money pays for that we like. Because the government hasn't gotten with the times and become transparent. They don't do new stuff. They need to let us know what we get for our money because we don't consider it anymore.

All this stuff about wasting money on science, research, aid to brown people are just excuses. A rationale for just not wanting to pay taxes.

And it's a fundamental misunderstanding of government. As if they would write a rebate check on our taxes if they just stopped "wasting" our money.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 25 Jan 2017 at 07:12 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I'm getting worried about radicals snapping.
    I'm not. I want a citizen uprising so bad. It's one of the reasons I've always been against banning guns - we're going to need them. Maybe they don't do shit against the military but at least we tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Plus, I'm tired of people acting like helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first is hypocritical or selfish
    Exactly - if people do things locally like that, they're more likely to do it globally because they grew up with it. Plus, it's direct action and if people do things themselves it discourages charity donations. Effectively all charity foundations are corrupt. (Yeah, I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    "helping your families, communities, personal causes, etc. first" often never happens.
    I'd really like to know whether this is true. I know it feels right, because anecdotes, but still.

7. I see.

Yoshi didn't leave because he doesn't love us; he left because his work was done. You're all Yoshi now.

8. Is that in re to what I said? If so, I can't speak for the others but I'm curious to know why.

9. lol, "Donald Joffrey Trump"

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN1590KJ

half a week into trumps term and china's already got the pass-agg trolling out