Page 1485 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 147114811483148414851486148714891499 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,850 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Yeah, that's a thing. There's a psychology term for it even. Endowment effect? Effort heuristic? One of those I think.

2. Happy! on SYFY is great. Four episodes have aired so far.

It made me realize I hate US tv. Its pretty much a darker roger rabbit. I watched all 4 episodes and I can already tell they have no plan to end it. Its going to be yet another US show that they drag out.

4. New Black Mirror Star Trek ep was good stuff
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Is Josh in here talking about how much he loves Shitty City New Yiddy?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

No.

7. Black Mirror Season 4 Episode 1.

Holy fuck, this was great. As bbobb mmentionedd it's kind of a Star Trek riff but of course being Black Mirror it's so much more. Cast was excellent, and Cristin Milioti caught my eye first during Fargo, but this sealed the deal. She's my new Audrey Hepburn and Zooey Deschanel.
    Do yourselves a favor and fucking watch it.
    Don't look at this until you have watched the whole episode. Would it have been to much if it there was a "bitches" added to "uh huh, you better run"? I think so.

8. It would not have been too much, they really should have.

And yes, Cristin Milioti is amazing.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That's true, and I'm glad they didn't cram the adult adventures into this movie too. Still... people oversold this movie so hard. So hard. And those teeth! lol, come on. When he booga-booged out of the sewer and bit Georgie's arm Rebecca and I both loled. Hokey like Attack of the Killer Donuts, or a fucking Lost Boys sequel.

I think that since I don't pay for movies anymore I'm less invested in them. I hear about these GREAT MOVIES that maybe are only great because you spent $100 on the tickets, popcorn, the bluray and eventually the special edition bluray and you have to justify it somehow. Same way people have more allegiance to bands whose music they purchased instead of stealing.
    Ramon made us watch it when we were drinking. I think I remember almost nothing from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

10. Starship Troopers

This kicked ass. There are some awesome kills of both the Federation soldiers (getting ripped apart in various ways, burned by flamespitting Tanker bugs, etc.) & the arachnids. One of the best is Rico's takedown of a Tanker bug. Rico leaps atop its back, drills away with his machine gun, then drops a grenade down the hole before it finally throws him off. BLAM! Bug guts everywhere. Part of it splatters onto Rico as he watches that once-fearsome bastard collapse in a gory mess, then turns around with one badass smirk. Some of the "Would you like to know MORE?" PSAs in this are hilarious.

Sure there's a reboot of ST planned, but I'm not getting my hopes up. This is supposed to be more true to Heinlein's novel, but Verhoeven's movie is a lot better for its straying from that. Mark Swift & Damian Shannon (Baywatch) are the reboot's writers. Not feelin' it.