Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: FireFall - MMO(?) Shooter from Red 5 Studios (Ex-Blizzard + Tribes Creator)

1. FireFall - MMO(?) Shooter from Red 5 Studios (Ex-Blizzard + Tribes Creator)

http://www.firefallthegame.com/

There's a trailer and a lot of gameplay footage. Where did this come from? It looks awesome. Derivative as hell, but awesome.

You can sign up for the beta by registering on their forum.
    Last edited by epmode; 04 Sep 2010 at 12:31 PM.

2. I just signed up for the forums, which according to the admins there means I'll get into the beta.

Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'll get into the beta.
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

4. What, praytell, does this look "derivative as hell" of?

I mean, I guess it has space marines, but...

5. I really like how it looks.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    What, praytell, does this look "derivative as hell" of?

I mean, I guess it has space marines, but...
    Seems like a mashup of WoW, Borderlands, Starcraft, even a little Half-Life 2 with the thumpers.

I wouldn't have made the thread if I didn't think that it looks great anyway.

edit: Did you watch the trailer? It could almost pass for a Starcraft cinematic.
    Last edited by epmode; 04 Sep 2010 at 02:28 PM.

7. OH MY.

I've been playing a lot of Lost Planet 2 lately, and while overall the game is pretty terrible, it's gotten me into the mood of so wanting some sort of third-person MMO-level shooter. And here one is! I'd really love to try an overall game style like this where it isn't always about being the lone hero that has to save the day; I'm more interesting in trying my hand at the support role. (Something I can get a tiny taste of via LP2 but which really doesn't truly exist there.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Looks pretty nice