Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite game."

1. "The Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite game."

What if someone, a well-seasoned gamer of two decades, said that to you?

You'd think, "Okay, cool. Totally solid choice."

Then that someone followed it up with, "But I've never beaten Zelda. I've started it countless times throughout the years, get to maybe the half-way point, and then get distracted, start something else. Yet, those time spent playing The Legend of Zelda are absolutely the best video gaming moments of my life."

Is it unusual this person would call The Legend of Zelda his favorite game?

2. If it's so not good that he is that easily distracted that often he should probably reevaluate himself.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I like Zelda alright, but that game's boring as shit after ten minutes. I kind of get what he's saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I've never beaten it either.

5. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If some of his/her best gaming moments came from Zelda, then that could be a favorite game. Heaven knows it takes more time and effort to finish a game than a movie, show, painting, etc.

I mean by this thread of logic someone who says Iron Giant is their favorite movie without pouring over every single frame in detail is somehow not "beating" it and therefore unqualified to say its their favorite movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I mean by this thread of logic someone who says Iron Giant is their favorite movie without pouring over every single frame in detail is somehow not "beating" it and therefore unqualified to say its their favorite movie?
    But the Iron Giant watcher would have at least performed the perceived minimum required of him: experienced it from beginning to end (the same way this could be argued for albums, literature, etc). Are video game players, by the nature of the medium, free of this responsibility?

7. I don't know and I don't care.

8. I know someone who swears he loves S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but has never beaten it. I can see liking a game and not beating it, that's about it.

On topic, Zelda is amazing.

9. As long as it's not Ocarina of Time I don't see what the problem is.