Page 3 of 329 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official PlayStation Vita Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    They don't give a fuck what you guys think.... They're obviously going directly after the iPod Touch market - a vast arcadian field of doofuses who don't nitpick over things like quality and are willing to spend.
    After seeing this, I wonder if there was any truth to the PS2 Waggle rumors.

I support reaching out to casual gamers, but old school gamers should be the tail that wags the dog. The inmates are taking over the asylum.
    No gnus is good gnus.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I find the DS have a much better library than the PSP.
    Each of the PSP Capcom collections is better than the entire DS library.

3. You're terribly misguided.

The PSP-2 looks like it will be great for me to poop on

Go look at the line up for either Capcom Classics Collection and then show me the DS games that are even in the same neighborhood of quality.

5. I like the PSP library more than the DS library, overall.

There are a few DS games that excel much better at being portable games, though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Go look at the line up for either Capcom Classics Collection and then show me the DS games that are even in the same neighborhood of quality.
    Does either CCC have a better version of Contra 4? Because if not I'd rather play the console versions of the CCCs.

The PSP never could decide if it wanted to be a Jr. PS2 or its own handheld. Just my two cents, your dollars don't care what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    There are a few DS games that excel much better at being portable games, though.
    Basically this. I buy a portable for portable games, and I buy a console for console games. One would think Yoshi would be more anti-PSP than anti-DS knowing his well proclaimed philosophy on the issue of console vs. handheld.

7. I agree with Gooch and Bacon. As good as the Capcom collection is, I want more than just old arcade games as a portable machine. For RPG/SRPG, the DS can't be beat. 3D action games are unquestionably better on the PSP, but it doesn't play well. Throw in some good adventure games and decent puzzlers, I play the DS far more than the PSP.

But if you want to play a good game of baseball on the go (or in the can), then PSP and MLB The Show is all you ever need.

8. What are these good SRPGs on the DS?

The only one that comes to mind is FFTA2, and most people would say FFT handily defeats that. (although I wouldn't, I <3 FFTA2) PSP also has the definitive version of Disgaea, and Wild Arms XF is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    Basically this. I buy a portable for portable games, and I buy a console for console games. One would think Yoshi would be more anti-PSP than anti-DS knowing his well proclaimed philosophy on the issue of console vs. handheld.
    There is no such thing as good portable games. I want console games with as much technical prowess as can be crammed into a portable when I am forced to play one, e.g. on an air plane. Having Dracula X, FFT, Salamander 2, Ridge Racer and Strider beats the living shit out of anything on the DS. As of this moment, 3D does not work on portables except for racing games, so you'll notice they are not on my list. A dual analog PSP would fix that.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    What are these good SRPGs on the DS?

The only one that comes to mind is FFTA2, and most people would say FFT handily defeats that. (although I wouldn't, I <3 FFTA2) PSP also has the definitive version of Disgaea, and Wild Arms XF is pretty awesome.
    Rondo of Swords is better than all these shit.

And I personally love Advance Wars. Days of Ruin is the shit.