Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Movie News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Comedies should never be remade, pretty much. When has a comedy remake ever been even acceptably alright?
    Brewsters Millions.

The Richard Pryor one is a remake of a remake.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Yeah, but he's Richard Fucking Pryor. He could do whatever he wants and be awesome.

3. Richard is the exception to just about any rule when it comes to comedy and hitting crack pipes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

4. As reported everywhere,

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!, IESB.net, LatinoReview, AICN
    nterviewed by MySpace at the premiere, Singer was asked about his upcoming projects. After mentioning his next film, Jack the Giant Killer, Singer then let loose the big news, saying, "I just yesterday signed a deal to do an X-Men: First Class origins picture, which is kind of cool. I'm very excited."

Singer's statement confirms First Class is an origin film, though it's not clear yet what characters will be included and how closely it will adhere to the continuity of the previous X-Men films, in which Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm and Beast (the latter going by info from The Last Stand) were among Charles Xavier's earliest students – while characters like Iceman and Angel (who were original members in the comics) joined later.

5. I cant wait to see them finding the way to stick Wolverine in there somehow. They want all those chick dollars, that Hugh brings in.

6. Guess I better make a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SHH!

Heat Vision reports that Jamie Moss has come on board to write a new draft of the X-Men: First Class screenplay. Josh Schwartz wrote the original draft.

Bryan Singer, who directed the first two "X-Men" movies, announced last night at the Avatar premiere that he has signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to direct the film.

X-Men: First Class is based on a Marvel Comics limited series written by Jeff Parker.

Moss worked on Ghost in the Shell for DreamWorks and wrote David Ayer's Street Kings.

7. Wow ghost in the shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

8. Dan O'Bannon dies.

Who you ask? Well, he wrote Alien, Return of the Living Dead and Total Recall.

ALSO:

Doc will be exuberant!

As you know, my online handle is Optimus Prime. So, not only is it awesome that there's going to be a live-action Transformers movie. But I'm like, positioned, or whatever, to have the best possible net handle and email address for when the movie comes out.
    Last edited by BerringerX; 18 Dec 2009 at 04:34 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. Does that mean Doc Holliday, the famously tubercular doctor from the gunfight at the OK Corrall, is going to take on the undead? Or perhaps sea monsters?
    ONE CAN ONLY HOPE.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

10. Brittany Murphy just died.

The 8 Mile actress who also did vocals on Paul Oakenfold's "Faster Kill Pussycat" suffered a cardiac arrest. Her rep just denied rumors of her being fired from a recent movie, saying that the parting was mutual and due to creative differences.