Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannibal

1. Hannibal

This will be on NBC, and Bryan Fuller is behind it.

For the first time, viewers will spend quality time with Lecter while he’s at large and before the world knows his secrets, working side by side with a similarly brilliant man who is destined to catch him.

“It’s before he was incarcerated, so he’s more of a peacock,” Fuller tells EW.com. “There is a cheery disposition to our Hannibal. He’s not being telegraphed as a villain. If the audience didn’t know who he was, they wouldn’t see him coming. What we have is Alfred Hitchcock’s principle of suspense — show the audience the bomb under the table and let them sweat when it’s going to go boom. So the audience knows who Hannibal is so we don’t have to overplay his villainy. We get to subvert his legacy and give the audience twists and turns.”
    Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

So Hannibal almost plays like a crime procedural featuring two very smart investigators — but one of them is a serial killer. It’s also a highly unusual plan in broadcast series TV to start out a drama with one format, while planning from the very beginning to dramatically shake up the story once Hannibal is outed.

“It really is a love story, for lack of a better description, between these two characters,” Fuller says. “As Hannibal has said [to Graham] in a couple of the movies, ‘You’re a lot more like me than you realize.’ We’ll get to the bottom of exactly what that means over the course of the first two seasons. But we’re taking our sweet precious time.”

Hannibal will also be unusual because it’s planned as a 13-episode-per-season show. So though the drama won’t rush Hannibal’s story, it also won’t feel like its padded with throwaway episodes either.
    Hugh Dancy is playing Will Graham.

Mads Mikkelsen was cast today as Lecter.

Might be good. I have some confidence in Fuller. If it's first season Heroes/Pushing Daisies Fuller, yes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hugh-dancy-hannibal.jpg 
Views:	1052 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	66090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mads-mikkelsen-hannibal.jpg 
Views:	932 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	66091  
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. So this is intended as a prequel to Manhunter/Red Dragon?

Could be interesting. Manhunter is a brilliant movie, still my favorite Michael Mann picture, much better than Silence of the Lambs. There's something voyeuristic and creepy about Silence of the Lambs that doesn't sit well with me.

William Petersen will be hard to top as Will Graham, though.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I hope it's as good as Hannibal Rising!

4. You goddamn maniac.

When it comes to movie series on dvd, I'm a hardcore completist. I even have two different versions of Manhunter. But I will be GODdamned if I'm going to spend money on that shitpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Could be interesting. Manhunter is a brilliant movie, still my favorite Michael Mann picture, much better than Silence of the Lambs. There's something voyeuristic and creepy about Silence of the Lambs that doesn't sit well with me.

William Petersen will be hard to top as Will Graham, though.
    Truth here. Manhunter is one of my favorites as well. While Hopkins may be the superior Lecter(until the overacting chew-fest that was Red Dragon), Norton just played the role too wishy washy. No intensity at all.
    Last edited by BerringerX; 07 Jun 2012 at 05:48 PM.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. Here's some pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal1.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	67351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal2.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	67352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal3.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	67353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal4.jpg 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	67354  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal5.jpg 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	67355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hannibal6.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	67356  

6. put it in my bhole
    Last edited by Chux; 26 Mar 2014 at 09:41 AM.

7. Posterity.
    Last edited by Chux; 26 Mar 2014 at 09:42 AM.

8. Lest we forget.

Fantastic.

10. Last edited by BerringerX; 18 Feb 2013 at 09:51 PM.