Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie/Show

1. Dark Tower Movie/Show

So ummmm... holy shit.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1119037p1.html

Quick summary: The Dark Tower is being made into a trilogy of movies and two seasons of tv. The seasons will take place between movies 1/2 and between 2/3 and will have the cast from the movies. Ron Howard is one of the men behind it with Akiva Goldsman writing.

I'm can't believe it. Dark Tower seemed pretty impossible to do as a movie, but doing it this way may actually work.

Wonder if they'll keep the same kick in the balls ending. That sure as hell isn't going to test well for the studio.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Boo, Hiss.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I'm can't believe it. Dark Tower seemed pretty impossible to do as a movie
    Seemed?

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    but doing it this way may actually work.
    No, it really won't.

It might! I am optimistic.

5. Here's the thing, they're at least smart enough to know that it's too much to try to shoehorn it into just a movie or a trilogy or even a TV miniseries. They're putting significant amounts of work to give it the amount of time it will need to bear out the full story well. This makes me optimistic as well.

Now here's hoping they get Darabont on to direct it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Dark Tower isn't all that anyway.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. This will suck btw.

It's like people who like this series don't realize it won't translate well to screen and that the entire first book is nonsense that even Stephen King wants to pretend doesn't exist.

8. If they get darabont, it will be amazing.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Like I said before, the only way this would work is in longform...the comics are pretty ok, a tv show or anime would be ideal.

Movie trilogy? no. Unless one whole movie is book IV. Then I'm in for book IV alone.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. Actually, from the article it sounds like the majority of the second TV season could be Wizard & Glass (indeed, the best one).