Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Involved - Making Your State Better

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    My friend told me her kid was being bullied at school and I had no idea what reaction politeness required.
    Ask what kind of bullying was being done, then you'll know how to proceed.

2. It was closer to the banana-fana end of the spectrum, but I have to know whether or not to gasp first, man. We don't call rapists "flirts."

3. Right. Ask first, then you can gasp all you like or just ask if their daughter's 18 yet or however you'd like to respond.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    No troll. I was bullied then took boxing to get stronger. I was bullied no more when one kid found out talking shit has consequences. Also, the hood.

I know people who were bullied but grew up fine. Either way, I believe kids ego don't get bullied never learn how to cope with aggressive situations and turn into pussies.
    What kind of bullying and how long did it last? Also at what age? I grew up in a middle-upper class neighborhood where kids thought they were in south central L.A. I've had rocks thrown at me multiple times, been insulted to no end, physically threatened and beaten. I won my fair share of fights - actually all of them when it was one-on-one, but most of the time I was the victim of multiple attackers - at least 3 guys vs me. I had to deal with that shit at school, on the bus, and in the neighborhood for 7 years between 2nd grade and my freshman year of high school. I couldn't escape the harassment. Also, coming home to a macho father who made me feel like shit for getting bullied because his father was a tough asshole to him, and having an over-protective/clueless mother at the time forced me to internalize EVERYTHING.

Bullying does nothing but create harm and you don't need it to become tough or deal with aggressive situations. That's a cop out. There are plenty of other ways to strengthen the mind and body without bullying.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    When was "bully" broadened to encompass everything between "to play the banana-fana game with the name of an involuntary participant," and "to murder." My friend told me her kid was being bullied at school and I had no idea what reaction politeness required. Roger Klotz and Jeffrey Dahmer can't both be "bullies."

I don't know what's going on anymore.
    Those who are bullied can become bullies themselves. It's a fact. Just look at any police force or military personnel. Dudes - not all of them - have anger/control issues that stem from some sort of abuse, be it bullying or parental neglect/abuse.

I was never polite to my bullies. I stood up for myself even it if meant my blood. I always walked away from fights, but I would be dragged into them and was forced to defend myself once they started.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 11 Mar 2013 at 08:06 PM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. I was given shit for not being black from 0-19.

7. From 0? Did your parents beat you for not being black?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I was given shit for not being black from 0-19.
    I'm not sure why someone who was apparently bullied so mercilessly would be cool with it happening to other people.

It's just not a good thing at all, for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    Look who is taking out the ads.

I'm pro-bullying. It makes one tough.
    ok guys, Razors officially free game now. Everyone can stop being mean to me for shitting on him.

I'm making him a better person and he appreciates it.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    From 0? Did your parents beat you for not being black?
    mom was cheating with a black guy while he was i the womb