Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. Not all Regus. I like it cause it wakes my ass up and it tastes great.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Coffee is popular because cocaine is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    that's not to say cocaine isn't popular.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    IBTN

5. I actually like the taste of coffee, and it's the primary reason I drink it.

But since caffeine screws with my system, I only drink coffee like one a week.

It's like beer, you grow to like it.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Regus View Post
    I hate coffee as well, no matter what variety I try still ends up tasting like shit.
    I'm going to send out a Dominican APB on your ass.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

8. I would like to hear a list of some good coffee because I've really tried a lot and really tried to like it. Aside from all of the big places (Starbucks, D&D, Coffee Bean, some others), I've tried it at those faggy little French and Italian cafes in downtown L.A. (also at similar places in New York and New Haven, CT), at restaurants, and other places and have yet to find any I didn't need to put sugar in. So please bring on the suggestions.

To another point mentioned: If you didn't like the taste of a beer at first, you shouldn't be drinking it. I didn't like Corona or Bud or MGD or Heineken or any of that stuff. As soon as I had some Newcastle, some Guinness, the entire catalog of Stone Brewery, and there was even a really good brown beer at this faggy microbrewery in downtown Long Beach; I liked those all on first taste. I just don't like the taste of beers lighter than brown.

9. I've always liked the flavor coffee gives to stuff (like ice cream, mocha) but never liked straight coffee. To me it's sort of like cocao--consumed pure, it's not pleasant, but mix it with the right stuff and it's awesome.

I started drinking just Frappucinos from Starbucks, and whatever espresso shakes they have at Tully's and Seattle's Best. Lately I've acquired a taste for lattes, or just a coffee drink that's 1/3rd milk (sugar is gross). Still don't care for straight coffee.

And I don't ever drink coffee for the caffeine.

10. Straight coffee is killer. I can't really drink coffee too much...though when I do, I have to have it mixed with something (Vanilla powder, milk, etc.).

I'm a big advocator of tea. Tea is great on its own (ex. Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach loose leaf). Anyways, this is a great book: "The World of Caffeine: The Science and Culture of the World's Most Popular Drug" by B. Weinberg and Bonnie K. Bealer. It tells of the purported origins of coffee, chocolate, and tea and hold each gained its niche in society.
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Hooooot! Fuck you. Hooooot!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Pulp or die, motherfuckers. Fresh squeezed or bust.