Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Mobile Games (Android, iOS)

1. I have a Pokemon trainer club account but no option to login using it?

A lure was put on the cemetery across from where I live, a group of 10 or so people were hanging out in the graveyard on their phones at 10 o'clock on a cold winter's night, shit is creepy.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

App crashes every time I open it now. asdfghjkl;

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Don't mix your Google account with the iOS version of this.
    Fixed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 11.23.31 AM.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	79142  

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    How do I maximize the pokemon value? Do they always appear where there is rustling grass? Is there a timer between pokemon encounters or is it straight random like an old JRPG? What can I even do with the pokemon besides battle in gyms? Can I let them out and show people with background overlay? I need a tutorial
    The rustling grass seems 99% arbitrary. I've been in places that were total dead zones and still the rustling grass would appear as some sort of cruel attempt at providing hope for a catch.
    Your best bet with catches is when there is a area or grouping of three+ landmarks, and either stick a lure on one of them or just walk around. Areas where there are no landmarks, or just one landmark will usually yield nothing. If there's an area with two landmarks, that can work too, but it's best to cruise around areas where there's like....tons (universities are great for this, strip malls are good, larger parks.) The pokemon will populate semi-randomly, however you can check in the bottom right of the screen to see what's closest to you. (you will see a menu with pokemon and feet marks - one foot means the pokemon is approximately 10 feet around you, two feet means 20 feet or so, 3 feet means like.....50 feet)

You're going to get a lot of crap pokemon, you can "transfer" those back to the professor and get items. The higher level ones/ones you like/rare ones, feed them stardust and they will level up. Pokemon with an "XL" next to their size and weight are good keeps. The more you catch, even the shitty ones, the more you'll level up in XP.

You'll receive eggs sometimes, be sure and put them in incubators so they will hatch. 10km eggs can yield good level pokemon.

The only way to show people your pokemon is just to go to the "pokemon" button, but the display isn't very flashy.

Now, as far as gym stuff goes, this is a little weird. After you get to level 5, you'll pick a team (Mystic, Valor, or the other one which I forget the name of.) By now, most gyms have been conquered by one of the three teams. If you are a different color team than the one you visit, you can battle them with your 6 pokemon, and try and "beat" the gym. If you beat them, you pick a pokemon to stay at the gym and maintain your post for you (after 24hrs of holding down a gym, you get some fancy items.) If you lose, well, you lose. If the gym is the same color as you, you can battle with one pokemon to try and gain some XP.
    You can tell how hard a gym is by how tall it is. 2-3 rings tall, not too hard. 6+ rings, pretty hard.

The battle system is INCREDIBLY buggy, laggy, and annoying. You tap your pokemon to attack, swipe right or left to dodge, and when your power meter fills up, hold down the pokemon for 3 seconds and a big attack will happen. You will want to throw your phone after about 2 battles because of how annoying and buggy it is.

My best suggestion to get used to it is to hit up a lower level gym (2 or 3) and camp for a little bit and get used to the controls and bugs. Go in with potions and revives because you'll need them. (remember to revive/heal after every battle!)

Uh....thats about it, I think. You won't be able to log in 60% of the time, you'll freeze up a lot, and will glitch out a ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I've not done any battling yet, I'm sure I will, but I don't really care about that yet. I just like catching pokemans.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The rustling grass seems 99% arbitrary. I've been in places that were total dead zones and still the rustling grass would appear as some sort of cruel attempt at providing hope for a catch.
    Your best bet with catches is when there is a area or grouping of three+ landmarks, and either stick a lure on one of them or just walk around. Areas where there are no landmarks, or just one landmark will usually yield nothing. If there's an area with two landmarks, that can work too, but it's best to cruise around areas where there's like....tons (universities are great for this, strip malls are good, larger parks.) The pokemon will populate semi-randomly, however you can check in the bottom right of the screen to see what's closest to you. (you will see a menu with pokemon and feet marks - one foot means the pokemon is approximately 10 feet around you, two feet means 20 feet or so, 3 feet means like.....50 feet)

You're going to get a lot of crap pokemon, you can "transfer" those back to the professor and get items. The higher level ones/ones you like/rare ones, feed them stardust and they will level up. Pokemon with an "XL" next to their size and weight are good keeps. The more you catch, even the shitty ones, the more you'll level up in XP.

You'll receive eggs sometimes, be sure and put them in incubators so they will hatch. 10km eggs can yield good level pokemon.

The only way to show people your pokemon is just to go to the "pokemon" button, but the display isn't very flashy.

Now, as far as gym stuff goes, this is a little weird. After you get to level 5, you'll pick a team (Mystic, Valor, or the other one which I forget the name of.) By now, most gyms have been conquered by one of the three teams. If you are a different color team than the one you visit, you can battle them with your 6 pokemon, and try and "beat" the gym. If you beat them, you pick a pokemon to stay at the gym and maintain your post for you (after 24hrs of holding down a gym, you get some fancy items.) If you lose, well, you lose. If the gym is the same color as you, you can battle with one pokemon to try and gain some XP.
    You can tell how hard a gym is by how tall it is. 2-3 rings tall, not too hard. 6+ rings, pretty hard.

The battle system is INCREDIBLY buggy, laggy, and annoying. You tap your pokemon to attack, swipe right or left to dodge, and when your power meter fills up, hold down the pokemon for 3 seconds and a big attack will happen. You will want to throw your phone after about 2 battles because of how annoying and buggy it is.

My best suggestion to get used to it is to hit up a lower level gym (2 or 3) and camp for a little bit and get used to the controls and bugs. Go in with potions and revives because you'll need them. (remember to revive/heal after every battle!)

Uh....thats about it, I think. You won't be able to log in 60% of the time, you'll freeze up a lot, and will glitch out a ton.
    The other team is Instinct (Yellow)!

All gyms have prestige. More prestige allows the gym to level up and add additional slots for that team's pokemons. Users can only have one pokemon at a specific gym. You can train at a gym of the same color as your team by "attacking" it... doing that will level up prestige and open up more slots. When you attack a gym owned by another team, you attack the gym's prestige. So you have to keep attacking it, until the prestige is gone and the gym goes to neutral.

The scam of the game is, the only other way to earn coins besides paying real money, is to have pokemon in gyms and collect. Here is the problem. You can only collect once in a 20 hour period (it's the shield button in the shop menu) and the amount you collect is based on how many gyms your pokemon are in. I think it's 10 coins per gym. Gyms are impossible to hold. You don't control the fight on defense, so as long as you are in a decently populated area, you won't hold a gym for long. So you could probably take over three gyms that are close by and hope to collect 30 coins before your pokemon are beat down and sent back to you crying.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. Oh yeah, i forgot about that when you battle your own team. What the heck do the coins do anyway? I didn't get that far yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Some dude was pokemon hunting with a drone outside my office today.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Oh yeah, i forgot about that when you battle your own team. What the heck do the coins do anyway? I didn't get that far yet!
    You can buy all the treats in the store with coins. Incense, pokeballs, incubators, larger backpacks and poke-storage.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Thank you! The concept sounds pretty neat but the execution is poor, and there could be a lot more game here.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.