Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul - April 2014

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Atari was stupid a few years ago, good thing you didn't look then. Prices have plummeted for it across the board. EBay is always shit, but stores basically give it away these days.

Let me know if there's something specific you want to buy.
    Miner 2049er!

Also Q-Bert, Popeye, Missile Command, Dig-Dug, Joust, Zaxxon...just stuff I can remember playing as a kid. Were there any others that were considered good/popular on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. I have a lot of 5200 stuff, but have you actually tried the controllers yet? Consider yourself extremely lucky if they fully function.
    Anyone interested in the 5200 (even if only for nostalgia sake) should just get an A8 instead. All the games (and tons more) no shitty non self centering analog controllers.

Target only had the 10% off sign on the $20 Steam cards and not the $50 ones. Rather than asking or taking a chance, I just made their $20 ones an endangered species. I should be covered for at least the next couple months, while also getting 10% off the preorder deals for Tesla Effect, Dark Souls II, and Daylight. I decided not to go completely nuts and stock up for the year, since it's possible someone might do 20%, as Best Buy has with eShop cards.

4. I somehow stopped myself from going nuts at the Midwest Classic, really helped to stay at my table 99% of the time.

Grabbed a loose copy of Qix on Lynx for $6 and a new copy of Project X Zone LE on 3DS for $20.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I have a lot of 5200 stuff, but have you actually tried the controllers yet? Consider yourself extremely lucky if they fully function.
    Anyone interested in the 5200 (even if only for nostalgia sake) should just get an A8 instead. All the games (and tons more) no shitty non self centering analog controllers.
    Definitely. I have an Atari XEGS. It's so much better than using a 5200 even ignoring disk stuff.

But for 5200 games, I recommend Montezuma's Revenge, Pitfall II, HERO, and Zenji.

6. I think that Montezuma's Revenge is the best pre NES game of all time. It's so God damn good.

That deserves a thread.

8. Montezuma's Revenge was good shit (though I played it on an Apple IIC if I remember right), same with H.E.R.O., either way those games were awesome.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Skylander haul.
    Ipad skylander starter for $17 from Best Buy so I could get the exclusive variant.
    360 Dark Swap Force Starter. Gamestop has it on sale for $60, but I have eleventy billion power up rewards points so I cashed in for a $50 off coupon. All five dark variants for $10 out of pocket.

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    But for 5200 games, I recommend Montezuma's Revenge, Pitfall II, HERO, and Zenji.
    Then I'mma look for those.

I know the 5200 isn't/wasn't considered the best thing out there, but danggit all, my childhood!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.