Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 46789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    That's the thing, we do kind of know. We actually have a lot of data on grief and greiving. People study it a lot. Depression and unhappiness are where the money is. People pay to not feel that way.

I'm sorry, but Macross just did it better.

Personally, I blame J. G. Ballard. All this shit goes back to his writing style. Which goes back to how his family was treated in captivity. Walking dead, Battlestar, the new dredd, they all drink from that specific moment in time as it was perceived by a child.
    Meh. We can dissect this as much as you want and, if I'm reading correctly, you watched 6 episodes and passed that judgment. Apologies if that's incorrect. All of this is obviously subject to personal taste.

You can make the argument that there should be more dark humor and I can counter with that maybe there was but that's not what the creators of the show wanted you to see in the limited time they had each week. Gaius was enough of a humor element that I don't think dark humor was necessary.

And, yeah, Firefly was better but I can't give it best TV scifi show just because of how short it was. I thought Stargate Universe was pretty good, too.

2. Some people think OG Bladerunner is boring and unwatchable? Hmmm. It was pretty stunning when it came out, and still an impressive piece of film making, imo. Although, if pressed, I might agree that Harrison Ford was boring (and the only boring thing about it). Hey, it could have been worse...if it was made 10 years later, it could have starred Kevin Costner.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

3. it's really good... people are idiots.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Some people think OG Bladerunner is boring and unwatchable? Hmmm. It was pretty stunning when it came out, and still an impressive piece of film making, imo. Although, if pressed, I might agree that Harrison Ford was boring (and the only boring thing about it). Hey, it could have been worse...if it was made 10 years later, it could have starred Kevin Costner.
    They find it boring because they think that Sci-Fi should have tons of special effects and action scenes, instead of being more about thinking how intelligent synthetic lifeforms could integrate within a human society. The movie influenced so many things like Hideo Kojima's Snatcher, and James Cameron's Terminator. 2001: A Space Odyssey also delved into that subject, and you could say that it too, didn't resonate with a lot of the viewers.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Sep 2017 at 09:14 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
    Yeah, most are. Notable exceptions: Battlestar Galactica & Planet of the Apes
    I don't agree with Planet of the Apes. It was bad enough that they destroyed the impact of the 1st film with those goofy movies like Beneath the Planet of the Apes. I think that the new versions are just horrible.
    Last edited by gamevet; 20 Sep 2017 at 01:48 AM.

6. Your previous post really pisses me off. No one has said anything like that.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Ridley Scott's Terminator.
    wat
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

8. Don't forget Francis Ford Coppola's Star Wars.

9. Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX View Post
    wat
    Brain Fart.

Fixed it.

10. I just read Linda Hamilton's now going to be in a newly-announced Terminator sequel for whatever damn reason anything happens anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!