Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Gamers"

1. "Gamers"

Before you read this, know that the subject matter herein may very well numb your mind.

On with the show:

So, me and a buddy broke out into a no-holds barred debate about what, exactly, a gamer is.

I said that a gamer is someone who plays games. Period. Even the ones that ONLY play sports games, or the ones who ONLY play Hello Kittie's Rainbow Island Adventure (or whatever-the-fuck). I also say that, from there, the categories narrow, such as "Sports Gamer," "PC Gamers," "MMO Gamer," or any other category you could think of, no matter how broad or narrow.

He's saying that a gamer is exclusively someone who plays games at a "hardcore" level (I fucking hate that word). Someone like, well like any number of us here. Multiple systems, extremely proficient, etc., etc.

I'm asking what TNL thinks.

Before you even say it, yes, i know this is, quite possibly, the dumbest thread in the history of TNL, and perhaps I should be tar and feathered for even considering doing something so heinous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Xbox 360 II

It's a valid arguement. All's I'm saying is that when someone heres the word gamer nowadays, they immediately think someone who plays alot of video games. Not someone who sits down once or twice a week to play some Madden or NHL2K7.

Just think about it.

3. Gamers are like those dudes in the Blockbuster commercials from a few years ago.

4. anyone who enjoys playing video games, even if its just tetris is a gamer. as you said from there on it narrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I'm a gamer.
    true life?
    Squall's a dick.

6. When I think of 'gamers' I think of those guys in the Collins College commercials who "just need to tighten up the graphics a little bit."
    Time for a change

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    Gamers are like those dudes in the Blockbuster commercials from a few years ago.
    BWAHAHA!!!
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex View Post
    anyone who enjoys playing video games, even if its just tetris is a gamer. as you said from there on it narrows.
    IAWTP. I think there should be a certain degree of regularity associated with the activity. Someone who plays - regardless of what they play - on a regular basis is a gamer, even if they only play a few hours a week. The degree of gamer they are would vary on how much they play, what they play, etc., but all you need to be a gamer per se is just a regular attraction to the hobby.

9. IAWPT?

10. i agree with this post. and quit transposing your dadgum letters.

noob :P
    Squall's a dick.