Page 1 of 537 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Wii U Thread

Super Famicom Official Wii U Thread

Warning: The following is what happens when I have too much time before the Mets game but not enough time to make any worthwhile progress in my pile of shame.

Nintendo is up to something. There is nothing on tap for Wii besides Skyward Sword, and the first party 3DS lineup is as barren as TNL's collective moms.

Rumors have started about a console unveiling at E3 in June. Even Reggie is making statements about what it won't do.

This is what I hope Nintendo shows us at E3:
    • A game console, i.e. not some multimedia set top box bullshit
    • USB inputs without proprietary lockout ships or any other bullshit
    • A traditional controller with six face buttons, four shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, and a d-pad that they didn't design
    • A pointer controller, like the Wii Motion Plus or the PlayStation Move, that will never, ever be waggled
    • A standard, upgradeable hard drive of reasonable size, e.g. 250GB
    • An ethernet port and 8011n wireless support
    • A Blu-ray drive or a proprietary format that is larger than dual-layer DVD
    • At least 1GB of RAM
    • Multi-core CPU, perhaps just a logical extension of the Gekko and Broadway architecture
    • An NVIDIA GPU (Fuck you, Canada!)
    • Achievements, perhaps with levels like Sony's or something similar, or even with tangible rewards like points for DLC
    • Free DLC acceptable if the publisher wants it
    • NFC payment support, as opposed to Sony's unencrypted credit card files
    • Black (preferably matte) shell available at launch
    • Integrated friends with 3DS
    • Bluetooth for headsets
    • Steamworks! (I didn't say these were realistic)
    • Easy transfer of Wii VC and Rebirth, er, WiiWare licenses
    • Absolutely no God damned region locking
    • A proper sequel to Yoshi's Island

What did I forget?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 07 Jun 2011 at 12:56 PM.

2. How about a thread title that doesn't suck.

3. To leave this bullshit in your head.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I don't expect a full announcement at E3, MAYBE something like we working on, but a console reveal isn't happening. This is just typical Nintendo silence. Outside of a few things they don't really talk about games too far in advance. It seems to be their MO right now that they announce stuff and show things just a few months before its release. I mean shit we've seen them do that at the last few E3s and what ever winter conference they do. They really have no problem not showing a game till E3 and then saying it'll be out in 2 - 3 months, or less.

The current launch line up is very barren for the 3DS, but they have a bunch of stuff in development that is coming out in the next coming months, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of announcements at E3. Same with the Wii would be my guess.

They did this last year, I don't think we knew about Kirby, or Donkey Kong until E3.

Anyway, onto your wish list here

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post

This is what I hope Nintendo shows us at E3:
    • A game console, i.e. not some multimedia set top box bullshit Well Yeah, Nintendo is a game company, they're not after the set top box owning your living room point of view that Sony/MS are.
    • USB inputs without proprietary lockout ships or any other bullshit I think this is pretty much just a MS attitude. I don't think you'll have to worry about this.
    • A traditional controller with six face buttons, four shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, and a d-pad that they didn't design You're never going to see any of the big 3 releasing a default controller with 6 face buttons. Not happening. It also won't be the main controller. They're going to do it as an add-on again just like the CC for Wii.
    • A pointer controller, like the Wii Motion Plus or the PlayStation Move, that will never, ever be waggled Wii Motion Plus isn't a pointer controller. It's Gyroscopes that aid in both the waggle aspects and Pointer control aspects. You're going to have to accept that Move/Wiimote stuff is here to stay. I expect an evolution of the Wii controller.
    • A standard, upgradeable hard drive of reasonable size, e.g. 250GB This is a possibility. They seemed to have round aboutly admitted the issue with the Wiis storage. I don't know if they'll go like Sony though. That's a tough call.
    • An ethernet port and 8011n wireless support I could see it having Wireless built in, like the Wii, I just don't know about it having an ethernet port also.
    • A Blu-ray drive or a proprietary format that is larger than dual-layer DVD A Blu-ray drive isn't happening. Maybe a proprietary one, since they have been working with their partners on this stuff, I just do not see a BD drive being in the equation.
    • At least 1GB of RAM This is a possibility. Maybe even more, but hard to say
    • Multi-core CPU, perhaps just a logical extension of the Gekko and Broadway architecture I don't think that's out of the question. As far as logical extensions of Gekko and Broadway, not happening. Gekko and Broadway are done. They've reached the end of their lines. Considering where CPU tech is I would be surprised if it wasn't a multi-core processor.
    • An NVIDIA GPU (Fuck you, Canada!) I don't think this is gonna happen. They seem to have a good relationship with ATI. Plus Nvidia's current stuff is really power hungry, I have a feeling that turns Nintendo off to them.
    • Achievements, perhaps with levels like Sony's or something similar, or even with tangible rewards like points for DLC I could see this. Have to see how the 3DS stuff evolves, might give a hint to what they'll do with their next system. Though no one is going to give you DLC for doing stuff in game.
    • Free DLC acceptable if the publisher wants it I think MS is the only one against this stuff.
    • NFC payment support, as opposed to Sony's unencrypted credit card files Don't know enough about this comment on it.
    • Black (preferably matte) shell available at launch I would like this also
    • Integrated friends with 3DS Its possible but I don't see it happening. I think its going to be like the 3DS with FC. I don't mind FC but I hate how a FC is tied to a system. It would be nice to just register to like Nintendo Online and have One FC for your Wii2 that would work if you bought a new system.
    • Bluetooth for headsets Would be nice I can second this.
    • Steamworks! (I didn't say these were realistic)lol you're smoking the good shit. Never gonna happen.
    • Easy transfer of Wii VC and Rebirth, er, WiiWare licenses That's hard to say. They're gonna do it with your DSiWare to the 3DS, so I suppose it is a possibility.
    • Absolutely no God damned region locking Yeeaaahhhhhh I see it being region locked. I agree with you I wish it wouldn't be I'm just not expecting it to be open
    • A proper sequel to Yoshi's Island I support this

What did I forget? To be realistic
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Nintendo doesn't normally have any games anyway, so it's not like this is out of the ordinary.

Occam's Razor FTW

6. Fuck Nintendo.

7. Spam XL

8. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Fuck Nintendo.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    [*]A game console, i.e. not some multimedia set top box bullshit
    They have no interest in an all-in-one multimedia box and that suits me fine.
    [*]USB inputs without proprietary lockout ships or any other bullshit
    They already have this on the Wii, so I don't believe they would follow Microsoft's lead here.
    [*]A traditional controller with six face buttons, four shoulder buttons, two analog sticks, and a d-pad that they didn't design
    It will be sold separately.
    [*]A pointer controller, like the Wii Motion Plus or the PlayStation Move, that will never, ever be waggled
    I'm pretty sure we will see an evolved form of the Wiimote.
    [*]A standard, upgradeable hard drive of reasonable size, e.g. 250GB
    Would absolutely love this, but I'm not sure they would go with something that big.
    [*]An ethernet port and 8011n wireless support
    Wireless guaranteed, but would appreciate an ethernet adapter.
    [*]A Blu-ray drive or a proprietary format that is larger than dual-layer DVD
    Not going to happen. Dual-layered DVD's most likely will remain.
    [*]At least 1GB of RAM
    Hopefully with RAM being relatively cheap, they give us 2-4 GB.
    [*]Multi-core CPU, perhaps just a logical extension of the Gekko and Broadway architecture
    This is going to happen.
    [*]An NVIDIA GPU (Fuck you, Canada!)
    They already have partnered with ATi in the past, so I see this partnership continuing.
    [*]Achievements, perhaps with levels like Sony's or something similar, or even with tangible rewards like points for DLC
    I see them coming up with something, but they won't give you tangible rewards.
    [*]Free DLC acceptable if the publisher wants it[*]NFC payment support, as opposed to Sony's unencrypted credit card files
    Cannot comment on these.
    [*]Black (preferably matte) shell available at launch
    Fuck that. Give us an assortment from the get-go. And no, an assortment does not mean 2 colours. I'm sick and tired of the boring, drab colours like Black, White, Silver. Give us something like a metallic dark blue or deep crimson red to combat the fact that this isn't supposed to be a multimedia centre.
    [*]Integrated friends with 3DS
    Would be nice.
    [*]Bluetooth for headsets
    Take this a step further and say bluetooth for everything! I don't want the next classic controller/nunchuck to be tethered to the wiimote.
    [*]Steamworks! (I didn't say these were realistic)
    Doubtful.
    [*]Easy transfer of Wii VC and Rebirth, er, WiiWare licenses
    I'm sure this is going to happen. Should tie into your 'My Nintendo' account.
    [*]Absolutely no God damned region locking
    Um, yeah..no. Not going to happen since now even the 3DS has region locking.
    [*]A proper sequel to Yoshi's Island
    Abso-freaking-loutely!!
    Last edited by Spike; 02 Apr 2011 at 11:01 PM.

10. I don't know about the "no set top box" thing. Even the Wii has YouTube and Netflix. At this point I'd be pissed at anything that didn't do Netflix.