Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

1. Xbox One X Box One XBOX Box X One

It's been unveiled on Eurogamer. They are having traffic issues. But I got through after about 10 minutes.

I thought I wouldn't get one, but who am I kidding. Of course I am getting one. I've been happy with my PS4 Pro.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-revealed

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...will-be-better

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...roject-scorpio

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...to-a-new-level

2. I don't have a PS4 Pro, I didn't see enough there to deal with backing up my shit selling my orignal PS4, paying the price difference and moving to the pro. I don't have an Xbone yet though, and depending on price I might buy this. Has anything been said yet about ports? I like that it will have UHD playback but my receiver doesn't support HDR (I think it'll pass 4K but not HDR). I know some standalone UHD players have 2 HDMI ports, 1 just to handle video to the TV and a second to just handle Audio to a receiver. Would be nice if that was the case here too.

Interesting that they're upping the ram by 4 gigs and going to DDR5.

I admit to being part of the problem, as I still wish console developers weren't doing this kind of shit, even though I'm considering buying this.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. You aren't part of the problem if you didn't trade up for the PS4Pro or already has a X1.

4. Xbox Scorpio

Nothing has been said about the design of the machine, it's all specs.

I think this is a better solution than stringing out the consoles way too long and then telling everyone all their games don't work anymore. I like the PS4 Pro's improved image quality and steadier frame rates.

At the same time I don't want it any more frequent than this. I have an iPhone 6 I got day one and have no compulsion to upgrade even this year.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 06 Apr 2017 at 10:55 AM.

5. I don't see myself upgrading to 4K for another year at least, but I'm really interested in what this will do for 360 and Xbone at 1080p. I still have dozens of 360 games I want to play. If this makes them all 60fps and adds a few other tweaks, I'd be down for (my fourth) Xbox One.

6. I'm interested to see what their VR push looks like. This has the specs to drive quality VR, but MS's VR stuff still seems like a collection of iffy and incomplete products by third party vendors. If they blow it, it will be a real missed opportunity, especially given that they're targeting the spendy premium market.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    If they blow it, it will be a real missed opportunity.
    Will it? Speaking from this side of things, PSVR seems like another Kinect. Did well out the gate but they're sitting on shelves now.

8. Xbox Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I don't see myself upgrading to 4K for another year at least, but I'm really interested in what this will do for 360 and Xbone at 1080p. I still have dozens of 360 games I want to play. If this makes them all 60fps and adds a few other tweaks, I'd be down for (my fourth) Xbox One.
    The one article goes into it.

FPS caps are controlled by the game. If a game is written to 30fps the system won't override it. But it can help games with frame rate issues, tearing, etc. if a game had dynamic resolution (like Doom) it should hit the ceiling more often.

We have seen that with PS4 Pro boost mode. Battlefield 4 basically ran at a variable 45fps on PS4 but it's a solid 60 on the Pro.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Will it? Speaking from this side of things, PSVR seems like another Kinect. Did well out the gate but they're sitting on shelves now.
    There is a huge disconnect between what VR fans see and what everyone else sees. The fans think it's the next color TV while everyone else seems to think it is more like the next 3D TV.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The one article goes into it.

FPS caps are controlled by the game. If a game is written to 30fps the system won't override it. But it can help games with frame rate issues, tearing, etc. if a game had dynamic resolution (like Doom) it should hit the ceiling more often.
    I thought I saw a side by side of Call of Duty 2 running 30 fps on 360 and 60 on Xbone. Elimination of screen tearing alone is a great and worthy qol upgrade though.