Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News of the World

1. News of the World

So, this paper in England, News of the World, was around for years and I guess it sold more papers than any other English language newspaper, and it recently shut down altogether after some of the employees were listening in on phone calls or something... and one of these employees ratted the others out and now he's dead, and the Prime Minster and the black guy from Lethal Weapon are somehow involved??

Anyway, it's on the news a lot lately.

2. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_120331_0069495_e532a976.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	62482  

3. Why is she eating his face?
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

4. WATCH THE GODDAMN MOVIE AND FIND OUT!

Liam Dunn is one of my favorite old character actors that no one knows the name of but everyone recognizes.

5. Is posting that shit your new gimmick, SSJN?

At least describe the plot if you love it so much.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dog View Post
    So, this paper in England, News of the World, was around for years and I guess it sold more papers than any other English language newspaper, and it recently shut down altogether after some of the employees were listening in on phone calls or something... and one of these employees ratted the others out and now he's dead, and the Prime Minster and the black guy from Lethal Weapon are somehow involved??

Anyway, it's on the news a lot lately.
    I know less about this Newspaper now than I did before I clicked on this thread.

I thought the big thing was lots of illegal computer hacks?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

And Scotland Yard is all in trouble too because they sat on the case for years.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.