Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Coffee

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    What's wrong with a little cream and sugar? It's no different than salt and pepper at the dinner table.
    This is a thread for another day, but this is another thing that vexes me. Salt and seasoning is used in the cooking process. Why would you want to put more on your food at the table? I never use the shakers, and when I'm sharing a meal with my girl and she adds some salt it throws the whole taste of the food off for me.

But anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Coffee is popular because cocaine is illegal.
    Does coffee really turn a person's crank that much more than Coke or tea? I can feel the difference in Coke and Red Bull for sure. Rockstar's a whole 'nuther level above that. Does coffee = Red Bull?

Not that any of that gives people an excuse for drinking coffee when Red Bull has a taste that is at least acceptable and doesn't make your breath smell like you ate buffalo wings two weeks ago and left the rotting chicken stringies stuck in your teeth to fester over the elapsed time.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Funny post, Cheebs. I like the bit about the hamster cedar chips the best.
    Whoa. I better pull a George Castanza and make my exit on a high note. Goodnight folks!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    Does coffee really turn a person's crank that much more than Coke or tea?
    Absolutely. Coke and tea don't shit for me. Coffee fuckin' gets me going.

4. People that don't drink coffee are usually kids or retarded. Or retarded kids.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I just don't like the taste of beers lighter than brown.
    Not even a good witbier or an IPA? Just because macro-brewed boring lagers are fizzy and yellow, that doesn't mean all beers that aren't dark as hell are lacking in flavor. I know you know better than that.

6. I can't drink coffee straight like my husband prefers. I like it chocolate, pepperminty, with sugar and soy milk and iced. So i can chug it. Even with all that stuff I still would rather have a cup of tea. But he mainly drinks Kona coffee and grinds his own beans each morning.

as for beer, I like ipa's. I can't stand guiness. I dont like super light beer, I do like some taste to it. I used to hate hate hate beer but then I had some actual good beer. changed my world.
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

The only think that I remember about church from when I went as a kid was drinking coffee. I used to use 2 creamers and 2 sugars, but now I enjoy it black.

I really don't like how Starbucks coffee tastes. I prefer a strong, but smooth flavor, and the amount of roasting that Starbucks uses makes it taste overly bitter to me.

When a drink, or anything consumed for that matter, is as simple as plain black coffee (coffee grounds and water), it is essential that its ingredients are as pure and high quality as possible. When I brew coffee, I make sure that the coffee maker is spotless; just cleaned right before making a pot, and well rinsed. The water makes a huge difference too; if you use city water, you'll taste all of those delicious minerals in in your coffee.

I have tried a few different brands, but "my" brand is definitely Illy. It's a lot more expensive than Folgers et al, but I only drink coffee occasionally; whenever I'm in the mood. It's more of a dessert thing for me. It has a nice combination of strength and smoothness. I only use bottled water, too: My family always used distilled water for making iced tea, so I use it for my coffee, too. At 80 cents a gallon, it's definitely worth a better cup of coffee.

8. Quote Originally Posted by M View Post
    as for beer, I like ipa's. I can't stand guiness. I dont like super light beer, I do like some taste to it. I used to hate hate hate beer but then I had some actual good beer. changed my world.
    I'm not particularly fond of Guinness either. It might be easy to get and better than most draft beers a shitty bar or a chain restaurant might have, but I'm not a huge fan. It helped introduce me to the idea of beers being more than watery yellow piss when I was younger, but I won't order it often. I'd even prefer Murphy's, but why would I drink either in a place where I could order Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout or Old Rasputin Imperial Stout?

Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    When a drink, or anything consumed for that matter, is as simple as plain black coffee (coffee grounds and water), it is essential that its ingredients are as pure and high quality as possible. When I brew coffee, I make sure that the coffee maker is spotless; just cleaned right before making a pot, and well rinsed. The water makes a huge difference too; if you use city water, you'll taste all of those delicious minerals in in your coffee.

I have tried a few different brands, but "my" brand is definitely Illy. It's a lot more expensive than Folgers et al, but I only drink coffee occasionally; whenever I'm in the mood. It's more of a dessert thing for me. It has a nice combination of strength and smoothness. I only use bottled water, too: My family always used distilled water for making iced tea, so I use it for my coffee, too. At 80 cents a gallon, it's definitely worth a better cup of coffee.
    You're so anal about water, but you're brewing coffee from grounds? Coffee made from freshly roasted beans, ground before using, kicks the shit out of it every time. I'm going another step farther and will be roasting my own beans at home soon, and I expect that the difference will be huge. I can't wait.
    Last edited by Grave; 25 Mar 2007 at 03:41 AM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tones
    The water makes a huge difference too; if you use city water, you'll taste all of those delicious chemicals in in your coffee.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    The only think that I remember about church from when I went as a kid was drinking coffee.
    When I went to church we had some wafer made out of a paper towel and the vague unsatisfied promise of wine out of a cup every sick person already drank from.

I must have been on the wrong line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.