Page 1 of 115 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread 2 AKA: Super Smash Bros. Vs. Fox Brawl

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread 2 AKA: Super Smash Bros. Vs. Fox Brawl

Whobby World Updates:

Code:
    # Link tried to FS an opponent who had a Starman and it failed. One time during Kirby's FS, Starmen were launched from the pot. The enemies used the Starmen and ended up KO'ing Kirby.
    # Waddle Dees are better than turnips in terms of knockback and damage. Dedede's Suction spits out fast, but not very far and has low damage.
    # Samus cannot missle cancel. Peach can float cancel.
    # More reports of Dedede being very slow with fast atacks, but a conflicting report of his Waddle Dees being useful and spammable.
    # More PT Impressions: Charizard's has multiple jumps and his Fly is powerful. He flies straight up and burns anything around him. His flamethrower is identical to Bowser's Fire Breath. Squirtle's Water Gun is chargable. Ivysaur is immobile while using Bullet Seed. PT's FInal Smash is very powerful.
    # The PictoChat stage sometimes has impenetrable walls and can trap you on a side of the stage.
    # DK's Final Smash used correctly can take up 90% of a stage. His FS was originally thought to be ineffective.
    # Some people worry that the Smash Ball occurs too much.
    # Rumors of Black Charizard. Some suggest a very dark Chrarizard that is near-black.
    # PT Impressions: Squirtle has fast attacks, but no reach. Ivysaur is the more balanced of the Pokemon. Charizard is heavy, slow-medium speed, and attacks using claws and tail mostly.
    # Pokemon trainer's starting Pokemon is random. So far, it's unconfirmed if the starter can be selectable like Shiek was for Zelda in Melee.
    # Dragoon does 42% damage. It KO'd Mario at 0%.
    # Lots of Invincibility frames when switching Pokemon.
    # Dedede's Suction is beastly because of it's force and strength.
    # Ike is being called a noob killer. His Side Special charged can KO Kirby and Meta Knight at 35%. He is being called "too powerful".
    # Meta Knight is a good beginner character.
    # Ike Impressions: Eruption has a lot of range and can be used in the air. His Final Smash has more range if you "charge it up"?
    # Ashley Deconfirmed! She appears in the WarioWare stage. So does 9-Volt and Jimmy.
    # Kirby Impressions: Final Cutter has been changed once again. More confirmation of Kirby sucking up items.
    # Attendee's Opinion: Pictochat music was bothering.
    # Dedede Impressions: Attacks are fast, but hammer is sluggish. As stated before, his Up SPecial has good knockback, but is completely vertical, like Ike's.
    # Pokemon Trainer Impressions: Takes about three seconds to change Pokemon. Colors: Red, Green, Blue, and Black & White (original GB version). PT's Pokemon do not have accessories like hats, glasses, ect.
    # First reports of an attendee: He writes about Samus, but adds nothing new to what we already knew. You can't turn into ZSamus at the start of the match at all.
    # Now that the event is over, expect lots of media, and some new info to be posted from attendees.
    # We have the Stage Select Screen image posted on the homepage.
    # Conflicting News: Apparently, a Nintendo rep has confirmed that Brawl is coming out on the 24th in Japan, however the Brawl pamphlets handed out show the price of the game, but no release date. (According to the Japanese blog, this seems to frighten him, but I doubt it means a thing.)
    # Muddy Mole is an assist trophy. (Not Monty Mole) Muddy Mole is a character from "Mole Mania", a GB game that Sakurai adores.
    # People are under the impression that Meta Knight is very good and Dedede is not. (This is only first impressions that are hours old and opinions, keep in mind)
    # King Dedede has the same voice as his anime counterpart. (Japanese voice. Not 4kids voice)
    # 70-80 minute wait to play a match.
    # UPDATE: Female Pokemon Trainer news is confirmed FALSE.
    # Ike Victory Pose: "I only fight for those I protect" (May be off due to translation issues)
    # Onett impressions: Virtually no changes made.
    # PictoChat impressions: Some are negative, some are "better than expected."
    # PLAYABLE STAGES:Battlefield, Battleship Halbred, Norfair, Hyrule Temple, Onett, WarioWare, PictoChat, Bridge of Eldin, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Castle Seige, Pokemon Stadium 2, Skyworld, Lylat Cruise
    # Dragoon was seen as an item. There are also a few new items such as a time bomb and spike bomb.
    # Classic Controller and Wiimote are available controller choices.
    # Meta Knight: No strong attacks. He's the kind of character that relies on multiple hits. FS is very strong and has a wide hitbox. Not much use for gliding. Taunt: Flaps his wings and does a "warp" or some sort.
    # Diddy Kong: He's very fast and can "put hurt on you." He has combo attacks, similar to Meta Knight.
    # NO MORE DELAYS: According to someone to who asked a Nintendo rep there: Brawl is confirmed to be released on the 24th. (Japan)
    # Pokemon Trainer disappears on certain stages. He was not present on Delfino Plaza.
    # New Pokemon: Shaymin
    # UNCONFIRMED: Pokemon trainer's starting appearance is him running to a stop and taunting.
    # Item Selection is ON. Smash Balls can be turned off.
    # King Dedede has a pink costume.
    # Dedede is a heavy, slow, powerful character. He has 4 mid-air jumps (5 total jumps). His Waddle Dee throwing attack is weak. His Up Special has good knockback.
    # Dedede's starting appearance is the Waddle Dee Shrine seen on the Dojo.
    # Pokemon Trainer and King Dedede Playable! They appear as "Dedede" and "P. Trainer"
    # Confirmed: The Brawl game available is a demo, however, it is a new one.
    # Confirmed: Photography IS allowed, but only in certain areas.
    CONTINUE DISCUSSION

code tags=handy for compressing much text

EDIT: GAME'S OUT HERE'S FRIENDCODES EVERYBODY PLAY (except me. )
    Shin JohnPV: 4553-9621-3696
    Destin: 4210 3630 8624
    The Gas: 3265 4719 6868
    Samba De Amiga: 3652 0191 9646
    PBMax: 3351-3713-8947
    Chux: 2835 9742 7190
    Nirvana: 0774-3928-7091
    Dipstick: 0258-9952-6230
    Bacon McShig: 1633-3868-7352
    Game Rogue: 1891-0848-6392
    Glass Joe: 0387-8461-0182
    epmode (WISE FWOM YOAH GWAVE EDITION): 0344-8968-2845
    Sonic6: 5327-0573-8186
    DJ Incompetent: 0001-2970-4059
    Mezz: 2363-5314-7076
    kuro: 3909-7202-7408
    TrialSword: 2492-3811-0125
    hayato42: 2707-1267-7140
    Mzo: 0559-6455-3370
    B-Ri: 1848-1375-7742
    Spike: 2148-7854-6796
    Rocca: 1032-0913-1060
    magnifiedplaid (JAT): 0258-9977-7115
    wEEman33: 2019-9445-9925
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 16 Mar 2008 at 12:11 PM.

2. That is a lot of updates. Why is every tiny little bit of info being eaten up by Nintendo fans? I want the game, but this spoon feeding us info is bullshit.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. There's nothing to discuss there, it's all a bunch of nitpicky bullshit.

4. Its the last known good game for the Wii, so they want to savor it as much as possible.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

5. Quote Originally Posted by UrielSynthesis View Post
    Its the last known good game for the Wii, so they want to savor it as much as possible.
    Thats for damn sure.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. Cuz we all know that in the new Wii Zelda game you will have Tinkle strapped to your back who will help you defeat Gannon via mystical knitting techniques, and by Gannon I mean a homosexual parrot in a cowboy hat. Miyamoto is a genius.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

7. Quote Originally Posted by UrielSynthesis View Post
    Cuz we all know that in the new Wii Zelda game you will have Tinkle strapped to your back who will help you defeat Gannon via mystical knitting techniques, and by Gannon I mean a homosexual parrot in a cowboy hat. Miyamoto is a genius.
    GOTY

I would play this.

8. Gay parrot cowboys are really underrepresented in gaming.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Gay parrot cowboys are really underrepresented in gaming.
    Sunset Riders says hello.

10. So it seems Brawl will offer a sort of unlockables checklist, with hints for finding the things you're missing:
    Jan. 14 Mon. 2008
    Challenges

Trophies, stickers, music...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl certainly has its share of "rewards" for you to collect. Among them all are several for which I’ve set certain appearance conditions.

So, to help you manage these performance-based rewards, I’ve created the Challenges mode. This mode gives you hints about what you need to do to unlock these items!

This is the Challenges screen.

It’s totally empty. I’d say that if anyone saw this empty screen in-game, it would be an extremely rare occurrence.

Each one of these windows has some condition or another that will unlock it.

When you meet a set of conditions while playing through the game, that window will automatically break open.

KSSSSHHH! Then you get what’s inside!

If there’s a CD inside, you can listen to that CD on the spot.

Hmmm... Nice.
    When a window breaks, you see a red silhouette of the windows on either side. When you align the cursor with these windows, you can see the conditions for breaking them open, too.

As you can see...

Use this to take on challenge after challenge so you can earn more, more, MORE prizes! It’s much easier to get excited about it when you know what you have to do.

By the way, you can use as many Golden Hammers as there are down below.

Even windows that aren’t open...

Can be broken open with a little force!

But use the hammers at your own discretion. Once used, a hammer will never return. You’ll want to save them for challenges you just can’t seem to overcome.

Oh, but you should also know that there are some windows even a trusty Golden Hammer won’t break.

And be careful of friends who might egg you on. I mean, imagine you have a hammer, some pristine glass, and a friend who just keeps telling you to break the glass...

It makes you want to break it, huh?
    Oh, and Chao, thanks for getting the title right (Bros., not Brothers). That was a big pet peeve of mine on the old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids