Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts, Paranormal, Etc. - Do You Believe?

1. I do believe and have had a few experiences I cant really explain away. I may share later....

2. I went out with a girl who didn't understand the difference between lens flares and ghosts, and thought that she could sense spirits.

I think the shit's dopey, personally, but I didn't tell her that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I don't believe in Fairy Tales.
    They believe in you.

4. I wouldn't believe this story, if my brother had not witnessed it in person.

My brother was staying the night at our friends house and they would hear a sound like that of a ball (like the red rubber balls used to play kick ball) being dropped and bouncing several times. This sound would start in the livingroom and would go from room to room throughout the house. One night Vince's mom yelled out "please leave us alone" and they'd never heard the sound again.

According to Vince's parents, the ghost was that of a 5 year old boy, that was ran over by a car while playing with a ball on the dirt road in front of the house.

------------
    This story isn't so much about ghostly encounters, but it has more to do with freaky things my oldest sister would say to my parents when she was about 4 years old.

One time she'd told my parents that Grandma was burnt badly. They told her Grandma was okay, but a week later they'd talk to my Grandmother and she'd said that she had burned her arm on the oven . I don't recall the rest of the stories, but she'd had many of these premonitions within that year.

My Grandmother's great aunt was some sort of gypsy that would predict things in this same sort of manner. I remember having moments of Deja-Vu between the ages of 10-14, but I wouldn't recongnise the events until they came into motion. Most of the events were just stupid things, but it was kind of freaky to be able to predict what was coming next. I really haven't experienced any of this since then.

Let the flamming begin....
    Last edited by gamevet; 28 Sep 2008 at 12:58 AM.

5. Nothing paranormal exists.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I went out with a girl who didn't understand the difference between lens flares and ghosts, and thought that she could sense spirits.

I think the shit's dopey, personally, but I didn't tell her that.
    Was this just a casual date? I would let a girl know right away about such a serious personality flaw. That's actually a Cliff's Notes for me with chicks. If they talk about ghosts or God or other supernatural stuff and I don't call them on it, they should know they're in the friend zone.

7. no, goes with atheism. we don't (or shouldn't) do paranormal.

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    I don't really think one way or the other about it.
    this.
    but there was that one time...

A few years ago I had moved back to my home town and was driving along a remote road where a friend's dad once scared the shit out of us with his crazy driving skills (or lack there-of) back when we were kids.
    I hadn't given Mr Shih a single thought in like 5+ years, and here I was smiling and reminiscing how he used to drive so crazy when he took the kids to the skatepark, or snowboarding, or just in general.
    So then, I was genuinely touched by the good thoughts of my childhood and the generous things some of the parents in our neighborhood did for the kids.
    The next morning I get a call from another friend i grew up with telling me he just received an email telling him Mr Shih had a massive heart attack the previous day while on a business trip in China. He was removed from life support a few days later once his family arrived to see him.

I don't suggest I was driving on that out of the way road because of his spirit or anything, but it sure is one hell of a coincidence to have such clear vivid memories of the guy (after not giving him a single thought in over a handful of years) on the same day he suffers a heart attack on the other side of the world.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    They believe in you.
    Because I'm real.