Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL 4.1 To-Do List

1. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And as for the IRC chat, I thought about giving it its own area, with a navigation tab at the top of each forum page and everything, but I decided against it. Maybe I'll spend some time in there and see if it's worth the add-on, but it doubt it will fit as an area of the forum.

But I'm a reasonable man and I'll consider any differing viewpoints, as long as it's not RIch whining again. (Hey, that triggered a memory of me giving op powers to Rich on the IRC chat years ago.)
    Hmm... I wasn't suggesting that a link had to be absolutely widely prominent... maybe something like a simple tab up top with all the rest of the main navigation options (hell make it the last one, after arcade), the point i was trying to make is that its been around for 6 years, a good amount of ppl have been regulars of it and use it and it is for all intents and purposes an extension of The Next Level itself, for free! It should at least deserve its own link so people who aren't aware of it can check it out.

I remember when I wanted an irc chat room to be created back in 2004 I went on the feedback board and asked you directly and you were cool with it and started one, we even had a dedicated applet and link for easy access so people wouldn't have to muck about with separate clients. What I'm trying to ask is that it was officially sanctioned by you, why the change of mind against it?

Also props to DNG who has been admin of #tnl for a hell of a long time there, and darquebishop for adding some cool functionality to the place (ie, trivia, statistics) and generally holding down the fort.
    Last edited by station82o; 14 Jun 2010 at 01:39 PM.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    The whining in this thread is embarrassing. This site is free and none of you are entitled to anything.
    You're right, why would we give feedback in a section of the forum called "Feedback and Troubleshooting"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Why would you even do that?
    Because doing it used to mark the thread as read, which kept it's posts from showing up in the new posts filter.

3. The board just kinda spazzed out on me. Am I the only one, or was it global?

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tnl4.broke.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	56288   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tnl4.crap.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	56289  

4. looks like it wasn't loading the css or javascript files... might be a problem with the url rewriting, I'll look at it

edit: does it continually happen, or was it just a freak occurance?
    Last edited by cka; 14 Jun 2010 at 04:06 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As touched on by others, click on the little downward-pointing arrow to go to the first unread post, click on the topic to go to the first post, click on the right pointing arrow to go to the very last post. On the main forum page, unless it's changed and I haven't noticed, clicking on a topic will take you to the first unread post and that little right-pointing arrow will take you to the very last post.
    I'm sure the idea would be scary for a lot of people, but what could be done is making the main link for every thread go to the newest unread post instead of just the first page. Kind of like how I did it for the mobile skin, basically. If people wanted to go to the first post, they could just use the page navigation in the thread, and I'd assume most of the time when people are visiting a thread they most want to see the new posts, not the entire thing from the start.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. It lasted for about five minutes. I clicked in different threads and shit, and all of a sudden BAM everything was back to normal.

7. I support shidoshi's line of thinking.

8. yeah that's pretty strange

I'll add an exemption rule for the css/javascript directory, just to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    And as for the IRC chat, I thought about giving it its own area, with a navigation tab at the top of each forum page and everything, but I decided against it. Maybe I'll spend some time in there and see if it's worth the add-on, but it doubt it will fit as an area of the forum.

But I'm a reasonable man and I'll consider any differing viewpoints, as long as it's not RIch whining again. (Hey, that triggered a memory of me giving op powers to Rich on the IRC chat years ago.)
    don't front. that default was unviewable.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It lasted for about five minutes. I clicked in different threads and shit, and all of a sudden BAM everything was back to normal.
    Yeah, that same thing happened to me too. It was just for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    don't front. that default was unviewable.
    Not even close. I'm still using the default one because the white one makes my eyes sting. I have no issue with the blue and gray (default).