Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: F$%k*ng Itwamba County, MS

1. Maybe they were afraid that had they not kicked her out, she would have become strange fruit?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    LOL, in TEXAS, I wore a dress all day to a 3A high school in a town of 2,500 and didn't get kicked out!
    Rule of thumb: As far as most stupid people are concerned, gender jokes are okay as long as you're making fun of women or gay dudes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bojack View Post
    I've always wondered how school officials in so many places make so many awful PR moves. Wouldn't a school principal and upper management at any given school have a reasonable degree of education and brains enough to avoid media shit storms?
    Because the majority of the people in a schools administration are complete idiots. There are some good teachers out there, but anyone in a position of power did so by kissing ass and not questioning anything.

I figured this out in middle school and it made for some real interesting head butting over the years.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

4. I don't want to sound insensitive, but you gotta' pick your battles. This kid should have known it would have been much safer with a much better outcome for himself if he left the makeup at home and wore gender-neutral clothes to school. Then on his own time he dresses how he chooses and fights any fight for acceptance and freedom.

Western women don't walk down the street wearing a tank top in the middle east. Dudes don't go to public school dressed as a girl in the South.

It's just common sense. You need a foothold before you can take a stand and make a statement. Public school was just about the worst place possible to try and get that foothold.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    It's just common sense. You need a foothold before you can take a stand and make a statement. Public school was just about the worst place possible to try and get that foothold.
    It's not just "a statement" this kid isn't being inflamitory for the sake raising an issue or standing as some sort of civil rights issue, he's just living his life.

Seriously. This is what he is. Reigning in what he is to make other people around him more comfortable is horseshit.

7. IMO if the dude(?) says he "prefers male pronouns" but also says he really needs to dress like a girl then there's monkey business afoot. It doesn't feel like I'm just being a dick so maybe I'm not?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    It's not just "a statement" this kid isn't being inflamitory for the sake raising an issue or standing as some sort of civil rights issue, he's just living his life.
    I'm not saying the school is justified in any way. I'm saying the kid should have known for his own good that he should keep it conservative in school. Not put on an act or anything. Just stay neutral. Girls wear jeans and t-shirts all the time. Just wear that.

Then on your own time, you do what 'cha like. But at least take the time to gauge the situation you're in.

9. I take it you haven't met very many teenagers.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Seriously. This is what he is. Reigning in what he is to make other people around him more comfortable is horseshit.
    I'm not saying it isn't horseshit.