Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 64 Appreciation or Lack Thereof Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Fifteen spots is too little for one of these plug and plays. There has to be at least 20 games. Both the NES and SNES have a nice amount of 3rd party stuff. Your list is way too Nintendo oriented.
    I'm assuming there is some space tradeoff that caused the NES Mini to SNES Mini dropoff and that it continues here. Nintendo seems selective about which third parties get games on these. Square made nothing for the N64; Capcom made three games, one of which was licensed, and one of which was M-Rated; and Konami didn't have the most memorable stuff, though the second Castlevania would have been pretty good on decent hardware. I'm guessing Ubisoft joins the club here, as there aren't a lot of viable options.

There needs to be some form of FPS on it. As others said, get Bethesda on board with Doom or whoever owns Turok and throw #3 on it.
    Good luck. They're either licensed, M-Rated, and/or promote what is now someone else's IP.

edit: Not having Star Wars games is a shame, but I don't even know how that works right now. I guess SotE did just come out on Steam, so licensing is possible. Rogue Squadron would be the obvious choice if they can navigate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Pokémon Snap is fantastic, way better a choice than Stadium
    I have no opinion on those whatsoever, other than it seems like we probably won't get both. That's more what I meant about Snap being a stretch. I could have put that comment on either one.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 28 Jun 2017 at 04:21 PM.

2. Rush 2049, Hydro Thunder, Vigilante 8, Sno Board Kids, Rocket RoW, Forsaken, Bust a Move, Harvest Moon.

Nintendo should be able to get the licenses for that stuff. I think Warner Bros owns the Midway stuff and some Canucks own the Acclaim stuff. Activision, Sega (Atlus), Konami, and Ubisoft shouldn't be hard to throw a little money at either.

And when it comes to memory, let's not kid ourselves. A couple gigs of flash is nothing, and that's all you'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Rush 2049, Hydro Thunder, Vigilante 8, Sno Board Kids, Rocket RoW, Forsaken, Bust a Move, Harvest Moon.

Nintendo should be able to get the licenses for that stuff. I think Warner Bros owns the Midway stuff and some Canucks own the Acclaim stuff. Activision, Sega (Atlus), Konami, and Ubisoft shouldn't be hard to throw a little money at either.
    God that system was terrible. Rocket is the clear winner of those.

And when it comes to memory, let's not kid ourselves. A couple gigs of flash is nothing, and that's all you'd need.
    Agreed, so why are there only 21 games on the SNES Mini?

4. Hydro Thunder and Forsaken are awesome. But Forsaken is better on PC and HT has a newer release that's better on 360/PC anyway.

The N64 was garbage

5. Because Nintendo values SNES roms more than it does NES roms. Because it can, as the SNES is clearly the fan favorite of the cart based systems.
    I don't think they can get away with that with the 64. While it certainly has some cachet with Mario 64 and OoT, there isn't the mass love of the system like there is with SNES.
    Twenty- twenty five games (at least), two controllers (with the option to purchase 2 more @ $20-25 a piece) and a $99.99 price tag.

On Virtual Console, the N64 games are more expensive than the SNES ones, which are more expensive than the NES ones. That could be a clue.

edit: I also made a mistake a few posts back. Taito Eidos should have rights to Ogre Battle 64, so that would be a great replacement for one of the Pokemon games.

7. Storage space certainly isn't the issue. The NES Classic can hold 100s of games once it's cracked.

8. Want more NES games? Buy a Switch and pay x to download your favorites

9. Vigilante 8 was terrible.

10. Beetle Adventure Racing and Tetrisphere are the only 2 N64 games I miss.