Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2008

1. NaNoWriMo 2008

Anyone else on TNL going to brave this? From the site:

What: Writing one 50,000-word novel from scratch in a month's time.

Who: You!

Why: The reasons are endless! To actively participate in one of our era's most enchanting art forms! To write without having to obsess over quality. To be able to make obscure references to passages from our novels at parties. To be able to mock real novelists who dawdle on and on, taking far longer than 30 days to produce their work.

When: Writing begins November 1. To be added to the official list of winners, you must reach the 50,000-word mark by November 30 at midnight.
    Just sign up at the site and wait for Nov 1
    http://www.nanowrimo.org

I'm ready to go myself, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to hit the goal.
    http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/417480
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. Why: The reasons are endless! To actively participate in one of our era's most enchanting art forms! To write without having to obsess over quality. To be able to make obscure references to passages from our novels at parties. To be able to mock real novelists who dawdle on and on, taking far longer than 30 days to produce their work.
    This is why people hate America.

Also, fuck novels.

3. Having been laid off recently, this is the perfect year for me to attempt NaNoWriMo.

username: themanchdynasty
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

4. Lol, this sounds like crazy fun. I'll give it a go, but i doubt i'll make the 50k mark.

username: arjue
    Last edited by arjue; 29 Oct 2008 at 02:07 AM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Lol, this sounds like crazy fun. I'll give it a go, but i doubt i'll make the 50k mark.

username: arjue
    I doubt most people do, but I think it'll still be well worth doing.
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. I've just started. Its really fun writing without any pressure to make it good. How are you guys going?

7. Forgot I posted this, but I just passed 8k words. Had a false start that ate up some time.

8. Can you guys participating add a link like Aaron? The site removes the author search during "high traffic" moments and I can't get to your pages.

Good luck, this is something I'd be interested in but I just don't have the time now.

9. I didn't get anything done the last 2 days due to other shit getting in the way, so i'm waaaaaaay behind lol. Having trouble getting to the parts I've figured out in my head, and being someone who doesn't even read novels let alone write them, its taking me ages. Still, not giving up, once I get past the next 2 bits the story should flow like butter.

my profile
    Last edited by arjue; 06 Nov 2008 at 08:00 AM.

10. Here's mine. I need to update my count. It's over 10k now:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/417480