Page 323 of 329 FirstFirst ... 309319321322323324325327 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 3284

Thread: Let's Cooking: TNL!

1. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    They're super good, but not for use at home. Like, 3 drops to finish a dish. We used an atomizer or eye dropper at the restaurant.

Oh, and everyone should have a bottle of really expensive olive oil. A little splash to finish a dish on your plate, and a pinch of flake salt to make almost anything better. Under no circumstances should you use it in a pan.
    I've used olive oil to brown corn tortillas in a pan for some street tacos. It was much better than using vegetable oil.

2. I'm sure your every day off-the-shelf stuff is more than fine. He's talking expensive, pure stuff. IIRC adding heat pretty much defeats the purpose because the heat of the pan makes the oil react in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Correct
    Boo, Hiss.

4. Hi! Not been around here in awhile. Super busy at work and stuff. I believe the August or September issue of Bon Apetite will have a recipe from us in it for our breakfast monkey bread. Maybe even a step by step video. Our sister restaurant just made their top 50 new restaurants. They seemed to like my danishes also. http://www.bonappetit.com/city-guide...-and-butterfly

Here lately I've been doing tons of bread, croissants, danish and kouign amann. I'm hoping to soon get back into dessert production.

5. "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Jesus this article is tough to read, but I like the approach.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

7. I've been making Indian food lately. I got a cookbook on my birthday and I have been trying recipes.
    I don't really have a good palate for Indian flavors, so I've tried to go to more restaurants to get an idea of what it should be like.

A lot of it is very easy to make, inexpensive, and delicious.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. Where do you start?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. I start everything on YouTube now.

I think this woman is pretty charismatic.

When I decided to try and actually cook more, I looked at a few recipes that I wanted to try and then bought the spices I was missing.

10. I think thats the main barrier of entry, you need a lot of spices to cook authentic Indian food. Nothing beats a good curry and naan though.