Page 12 of 305 FirstFirst ... 810111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NES/ SNES Classic Thread

1. My knowledge comes from the Nintendo Powers I got, and that alone. It amazes me some of the stuff they used to leave up to happenstance. I can't imagine what I was thinking the first time I played Metroid. Wait, I can go left?

seriously. mind blown on that one.

3. I'm getting a lot of perspective from my wife being as she never had a NES. Her brother got a SNES and so on, but she never got to see these old games. I was playing Metroid and she was dumbstruck. Wait, there's no map? How do you know where to go? What the hell does that ball mean? How do you keep track of where you're going?

Edit: Then you have things like Mega Man 2. TODE's copy I bought from him had the manual, it goes as far as to tell you how to navigate Air Man's stage, and beat him.

4. Has anyone ever beaten the original Metroid? The game made absolutely no sense progression-wise.

5. I've only done it by putting in Justin Bailey and reading Nintendo Power. I'm currently giving it a shot, camera phones make it super easy to not FUCK UP THE GOD DAMN PASSWORD all of the time. I seriously must of had a notebook of passwords when I was little.

I beat Metroid without Justin Bailey. I did, however, read the fuck out of Nintendo Power.

All of this talk is going to make me break out my NES. I imagine it will look like Satan's butthole on my hdtv. Can anyone confirm?

P.S. I beat Ridley (?) by shooting that bitch from the lava below and jumping up and down so I didn't die.

8. When I was a kid I had no idea what the passwords were for until someone explained it to me years after the fact. So I started every game from the beginning. I think the longest I ever played Metroid was over 6 hours without knowing where the hell to go once I got the ice beam or whatever. The worst is when you find out some of those transfer hallways have blocks you could blow up and go into the lava that DOES NOT kill you. Instead, you show up in a completely different world. Seriously, the scope for the game at the time still shocks me.

For Castlevania 3, it was the same thing. I tried so hard to finish that game without a password and I got so damn good at avoiding enemies I made it through a good chunk before getting touched. Once I got Alucard, though, I got reckless. I am pretty sure I didn't even get to the castle. And who the fuck could remember that silly password? Sad, too, since it was probably a kickass game.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    All of this talk is going to make me break out my NES. I imagine it will look like Satan's butthole on my hdtv. Can anyone confirm?
    Use the AV cables, and don't stretch the picture. If you have a decent TV it'll scale pretty nice. My tv seems to be "acceptable".

10. For reference. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338314316.268607.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	65941