Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: King of Fighters 98: Ultimate Match

1. Netcode is garbage (same as garou's). SNK can lick my balls.

2. u mad?
    faggot

3. I BRING THE TRUTH.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    They didn't bother to translate the win quotes or the Ultimate Mode options.

That's incredibly fucking lazy.
    I'm assuming that is translated in the PS2 version?

5. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!

Where as I was getting along just find in MOTW, the timing feels so horrifically shitty in this game when playing online. Seriously, it's like my hands and joystick are dipped in a vat of maple syrup or something. Played two games so far, both near or below 100ms ping, and I felt like I was playing a fighting game I had never played before from how little I was able to pull off.

I really knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. SNK can't even emulate their old titles properly on the current batch of consoles, why should I expect them to be able to get online right? Probably the game I've most wanted online ever, and it's worthless so far. UGH.

There's that crazy thing where you can play MAME games online or something, right? Maybe I should look into that. Sucks that it wouldn't be UM though.
    Last edited by mollipen; 01 Jul 2009 at 03:52 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!

Where as I was getting along just find in MOTW, the timing feels so horrifically shitty in this game when playing online. Seriously, it's like my hands and joystick are dipped in a vat of maple syrup or something. Played two games so far, both near or below 100ms ping, and I felt like I was playing a fighting game I had never played before from how little I was able to pull off.

I really knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. SNK can't even emulate their old titles properly on the current batch of consoles, why should I expect them to be able to get online right? Probably the game I've most wanted online ever, and it's worthless so far. UGH.

There's that crazy thing where you can play MAME games online or something, right? Maybe I should look into that. Sucks that it wouldn't be UM though.
    Oh, don't be such a girl about it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Oh, don't be such a girl about it.
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. I'm going to pass on Garou because the only reason to get it on XBLA was online play, and since SNK dropped the ball on that, I'm better off playing it on 2DF/GGPO.

Not sure whether to pass on 98UM though. I'm not surprised that the netcode is as bad as Garou's, but it's not available on 2DF/GGPO, and I always wanted to play it.

Does 98UM have an arranged soundtrack?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. Nope. They also took out the 3D backgrounds from the PS2 version.

...and oddly enough, Garou XBLA ONLY has the arranged soundtrack.

10. Dosh, use 2df.