Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 304042434445 LastLast

Thread: Nevar Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I just don't believe that more government, higher taxes, etc., can solve our ills. I guess I did around the time Obama was elected but he sure showed me.
    Did Obama really expand the US government that much more than it was already? I thought the biggest complaint sane people had about him was that he was more of the same (outside of Obamacare).

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Did Obama really expand the US government that much more than it was already? I thought the biggest complaint sane people had about him was that he was more of the same (outside of Obamacare).
    He expanded a lot of the previous administrations policies some, but I think what people really mean when they say that is that he utilized executive powers in unprecented ways (that most Americans outside of far right and liberterian loons were largely unaware of), mostly regarding foreign policy and use of force stuff, and provided clever lawyering to make it work.

Americans that dont believe he was a Muslim antichrist or something mostly consider him this enlightened progressive hero, when in reality he was just Dubya II: Electric Boogaloo. It's insane, and a little disturbing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I'm down with "fuck white people" if there hotties involved and he means it literally.
    what if this guy is involved?

4. That is a Ze, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    He expanded a lot of the previous administrations policies some, but I think what people really mean when they say that is that he utilized executive powers in unprecented ways (that most Americans outside of far right and liberterian loons were largely unaware of), mostly regarding foreign policy and use of force stuff, and provided clever lawyering to make it work.

Americans that dont believe he was a Muslim antichrist or something mostly consider him this enlightened progressive hero, when in reality he was just Dubya II: Electric Boogaloo. It's insane, and a little disturbing.

Dubya II isn't accurate considering he failed miserably giving Iraq to the wolves for the sake of no longer wanting to be responsible for a war we created where Dubya I failed miserably starting an unnecessary war and destabilizing a region for the sake of cracking open a cold one with the boys while thier Halliburton raked in tons of money.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. I like those gold shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Is that part of the installation or did Ze eat the living statue?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I think in terms of head count, Obama didn't expand it much, and in fact it may have been smaller due to post-2008 contraction. The thing is, I don't believe a shitty and ineffective government needs more money to become competent and efficient. In terms of taxes, the Feds get today as a percentage of GDP about what they have gotten every year since 1945. On the state/city level tax increases are mainly used to pay public pensions, which are absurdly rich at this point and going to collapse anyway.

And regulations have become a giant sop to big corporations, see Dodd Frank, and I'd prefer nothing than Dodd Frank. I mean, I would prefer Glass Steagall over both of them, but we're not going to get that and neither party is going to deliver it.

I live in a city with a massive government, and I see the incompetent people it attracts (like our commie mayor), the regulations that do the opposite of what they say it will do, and the useless bureaucracies it spawns. of course the right balance is impossible, and I pay a lot of taxes because I like the place more than I don't like it, but that doesn't mean I can't criticize it and I'm also really skeptical of giving them more money, especially when it is couched in shitty logic like "muh fair share."
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 11 Sep 2017 at 09:33 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    I mean, yeah, this current stuff feels like some kind of malevolent brainwashing but all of this stuff does at that point in time. In a few years we'll be laughing at the Trump stuff and bitching about how [insert name of crazy liberal] fooled everyone.
    I would consider some of the communist ideals espoused by some members (often in good faith) just as conceptually malevolent as undermining democratic order in Chile. Since that killed 160+ million and lay fertile ground for fascist N. Korea we've yet to fix to this very day.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    Well put. I don't feel many people on the left have even looked under the hood at Obamas demons because Obama was hyper charismatic. Same thing w Trudeau up here in Canada. It's almost worse because of the halo effect mixed with a tinge of feel-good but weaponized empathy/equity. That's kind of a new thing.

Trump is pretty shitty though. No excuses there.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 11 Sep 2017 at 09:42 PM.

9. Our politics are so polarized that a lot of people did just root for Blue Team but I think plenty of people called him out on it. The issue was he gave all those shitty policies bipartisan cover. In a way, it's almost worse than what Dubya did, since he had a chance to roll it back in a real way, but decided to embrace it. I must admit I became fairly disillusioned seeing the sites I read attack Dubya so vociferously and then just giving Obama a pass on literally the exact same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    what if this guy is involved?
    I'm thinking more along the lines of stacey dash giving hand jobs.