Page 92 of 968 FirstFirst ... 7888909192939496106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. only 6 days into it, too

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    People from the black list countries with green cards who have lived here for years and are trying to come home are being detained indefinitely right now.
    Techincally, if they hold a green card they're not trying to "come home." Home would be the blacklisted country of origin. I know it's unfortunate on an individual level, but he campaigned on this promise and now he's following through.

I just hope Trump and Duterte can keep on good terms until May. Otherwise, it will be unfortunate for me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

We probably should keep Andrew out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    We probably should keep Andrew out.
    It's wife that would get the old heave-ho. that was unintentional but I'm not fixing it And given how hot-headed both presidents are, yes, I am mildly concerned.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Techincally, if they hold a green card they're not trying to "come home." Home would be the blacklisted country of origin.
    lol.

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    lol.
    So after two years of "words matter," the new law is "words matter, but some words matter more than others."

7. Andrew was actually Yoshi all along.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Andrew was actually Yoshi all along.
    Impossible. I enjoy Nintendo games.

9. Yossy unfollowed me on twitter again because i hate trump so much