Page 5 of 219 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Something, Dammit

1. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat
    My favorite books for realistic anatomy are "Figure Drawing For All It's Worth" by Andrew Loomis (this is freely available to download online, just google it) and then everything by Bridgeman. Two very different styles but there's so much to learn between them.

Nothing will replace live figure drawing, you need to do a lot of that or you'll always be stuck in internet fanart mode. 20 minute poses and under are best, don't worry about rendering as much as getting the forms and how they fit together.
    IBTN, good stuff.

2. thank you finch.

gravity zero - i'm confused. how'd i get involved with max guy? i'm black by the way. that cape is nuts, too. thanks for the....fanart or something.

3. I drew another luchador. BOLA DE FUEGO (ball of fire).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. That's the awesomest thing i've seen from you, Andrew. The fire work is really keen, the fingers themselves too.
    Donk

5. Give me some anatomical critique if you can. I think the left side of his torso is wrong (maybe?). The pattern on his tights was the easiest thing for me to do because flat graphical design and layout is something I have to do every day.

I realize I always end up characaturizing everything to hide my weak anatomical skills but any pointers here would be appreciated. Is his right arm too small compared to the left?

I don't like the lighting as much. I kept the warm thing consistent, and I like the IDEA of it, but it's not that consistent and you can't even see the veins as clearly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOLA-DE-FUEGO2.jpg 
Views:	1113 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	21091  
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Oct 2006 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. He's off balance in that pose. He'd fall over backwards. Spread his feet out a little more, or shorten up the right leg (his left) just a little. The left leg looks like it's farther back than the right. Arms don't bother me. I think the veins are unneccessary and take something away. I think his upper torso's great, his lower just needs work.
    If i was doing the coloring, i'd make the dark a lot darker. Just me.

It doesn't look like you're trying to hide your weakness with anatomy, it looks like you're just trying to draw a good shape. He's a good shape. Do you like drawing that way? Do you like what you draw? I think you have a good style. You can tweak it to improve, but i don't think most of your drawings say, "i'm weak with anatomy." A friend of mine explained to me that some people just fall into their own way of making things look right. Think Windwaker, Doug, Kim Possible. The illustrators probably did a lot of observation, took classes, etc., but they just developed the way they draw. If you feel uncomfortable with your proportions, just draw more realistically to practice.
    Donk

7. I'm adding too.

First, Gingham. Trying to work her into a unified shape. Think firmly grounded. This is a new character design for her (as of ... two months ago?) and i'm just trying to develop it. Her arms are off, i like the colors.

Patri next. She's fatter from her last picture. I figured it helped the bii bii look.

Tell me stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gingsh.jpg 
Views:	1806 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	21097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patpat.jpg 
Views:	1633 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	21098  
    Donk

he needs to stop making funny comics though.

He might want to start aiming for solid stand alone art, or maybe comics that focus on telling a storey of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I'm adding too.

First, Gingham. Trying to work her into a unified shape. Think firmly grounded. This is a new character design for her (as of ... two months ago?) and i'm just trying to develop it. Her arms are off, i like the colors.

Patri next. She's fatter from her last picture. I figured it helped the bii bii look.

Tell me stuff.
    they make me feel dirty in my pants.

OR DO THEY?

10. ... do they? Updating your wiki.
    Donk