Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 283840414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

I don't think I care for this show anymore.

2. It was better before they turned to sillyness, but it's still good. I liked the more realistic approach they took in season 1.

3. Season 1 feels like a remake of the British series, only shitty. 2 and 3 are mostly brilliant. 4 would probably be the worst (too over-the-top) if the season finale hadn't saved it.
    Last edited by epmode; 20 Sep 2008 at 12:22 AM.

Season 2 ended with the Pam/Jim cliffhanger. yeah?

That was good TV.

5. Season 1 was excellent in the sense that it was the most realistic, and therefore plausible version of the show. Everything that occurred in it could have actually happened without coming off as contrived. This held true throughout S2 for the most part, although even that had some oddities in it (like in the premiere, with a local manager of a restaurant being able to grant a lifetime ban across an entire chain of stores).

As more time has gone by, the reality of the show has suffered greatly, and for a show that built so much of its fanbase with that realism, that's a major problem. I'm hoping that season 5 grounds the show again, although with it having the ultimate setup as Michael Scott-pseudo Dad, I don't think that'll happen.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 20 Sep 2008 at 01:10 AM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. They can't really reel Dwight back now that they've made him completely silly either. It's still the best comedy on tv though, so I can't really complain.

7. Dwight was never not silly. Andy needs to come back in full force this season, and yeah, I'd love it if they could not focus so much on Michael and Jan. Too much depressing angsty shit. The Jim-Pam romance was sweet, which is why it worked well in a realistic setting.

But season 4's Creed was amazing. Him pretending he was young, asking about putting red bull in the machine and dickhead Ryan was pretty good. Also they used Darrell a lot more this season. Fluffy fingers remains my favorite joke of the entire series.

Season 3 is my favorite. Season 4 got aped by the strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. This show is better than Seinfeld. Meaning, it's the best sitcom since Cheers? Over the summer I've gone from never seeing an episode to watching Seasons 1 - 3 on DVD including all the deleted scenes (which are just as good as the episodes).

I've started Season 4 this week and I expected it to jump ship. But four episodes in it's just as solid, if not better. I can't see them maintaining the excellence through season five though.

Mose

EDIT: I'm trying not to read the season 4 stuff until I finish it, but yeah 3 was awesome.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 24 Sep 2008 at 07:04 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Look at the deleted scenes of the Dunder Mifflin Infinity episode about youth (the driving in to a lake one). BEST CREED MOMENT EVER.

You know how we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. I still haven't seen Season 3 or 4 with the exception of the season finale of 4 that aired again last week on NBC. Any other details I might need to know before the new season starts besides what was covered in that episode?