Page 195 of 223 FirstFirst ... 181191193194195196197199209 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2224

Thread: Nintendo Switch / Nintendo Switch Lite (Official Thread)

Your analysis is right on, but that image is (I suspect intentionally) misleading. Of course it's going to look comparable when you shrink everything down. Even when you zoom that image all the way, it's nowhere near 1080p. At best it's what the PS4 version would look like on a 720p TV vs. the Switch version at native handheld resolution.

edit: It's 2,034 vertical resolution with four screen shots, so it's only 508.5p.

Those images look pretty good to me, and I'm perfectly fine if it's running 720p and they skimp on the details a bit as long as the framerate is good. It's a hell of a lot better than comparing a lot of the multiplatform games that came out on both Wii and PS360.

3. That looks bad. The only shot that matters is the bottom one. I am not dogging the effort spent on the port...More people that play it is good though. Great game.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 14 Sep 2017 at 01:56 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Your analysis is right on, but that image is (I suspect intentionally) misleading. Of course it's going to look comparable when you shrink everything down. Even when you zoom that image all the way, it's nowhere near 1080p. At best it's what the PS4 version would look like on a 720p TV vs. the Switch version at native handheld resolution.

edit: It's 2,034 vertical resolution with four screen shots, so it's only 508.5p.
    Yes and even then the switch image looks softer and less detailed.

But I mean some people still game on 720p TVs (myself included -- consoles have never been priority for me). Regardless I think having the portable option might be more valuable than some added fluidity and clarity if the "experience" was mostly the same.

Agreed. Portability is a great wild card. It doesn't matter how good your home set up is if you travel 50% of the time or something.

I'll take the hit of a few p's for the ability to go portable, as long as it's not totally gimped like portable ports of most multiplatform games have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'll take the hit of a few p's
    I wouldn't recommend quoting your Tinder profile in GD.

8. Isn’t doom like 60gb on consoles? Like, I get there are going to be concessions, but damn.

9. I'm sure it can squeeze down to 32gb...

My SD card is so big I could almost fit yo momma on it.