Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2014)

1. Why waste the time with a re-release when they're finishing Bloodborne. Sony is going to push the shit out of it in 3 months.

Because he bought a current gen console based on 2014 instead of 2015-2018.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    I'm still way into Destiny. The core shooting gameplay is very good, and the quest for loot gives me something to work towards.

Even though Diablo III handles loot in a more satisfying way, the minute-to-minute gameplay doesn't even come close to Destiny. I'm eagerly awaiting the expansions.
    This might ease the wait: http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/12/69...s-dlc-launches

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Why waste the time with a re-release when they're finishing Bloodborne. Sony is going to push the shit out of it in 3 months.
    Because Dark Souls II is very good but the consoles it was previously released on were both underpowered and as such the console version was quite inferior to the PC version. A re-release with all the DLC on the current consoles would probably be really great!

Bloodborne looks great too! And it will probably end up being great, but until it's released, who knows. Dark Souls II is most definitely a great game though, and more great games on any platform is a good thing!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Thanks, but there's nothing to actually do in that area, so it doesn't ease the wait.

I started Beyond Good & Evil HD on PS3. I'm looking forward to it but the camera options are really pissing me off. Why does inverting Y axis also invert X? That kind of bullshit was common a decade ago but should not be acceptable for a modern remaster, especially one that has been around a few years and could easily be patched.

7. Picked up an Xbone and got Dead Rising 3 with it while I wait for Sunset Overdrive. It is a lot of mindless, zombie killing fun.

8. Cosmo Gang: The Video (3515750 pts./Gang 19) arcade version.
    Namco's "Star Parodier" treatment of Galaga '88 with the Cosmo Gang characters and some hilarious powerups, such as the jack-in-the-box that startles the enemy, a spiderweb to slow them down, the Tornado bomb, etc. Challenge stages are based on the redemption game instead of copying G'88. The leader doesn't try to capture your ship, but instead will drop a powerup when killed.

9. About a month back, I claimed it was going to be an awful fall for AAA releases. I'd like to take that back.

Bayonetta 2 Love the anime influence, in terms of all the color and a lack of logic (in a good way). Setpiece after setpiece...this game is a beauty. The story is even kind of good in a so bad it's good kind of way. This one is obviously all about the kinetic action though.

The Evil Within This is really, really impressing the fuck out of me. I had high expectations during its development, knowing its from the director of Resi 4, but then all the lukewarm reviews made me hesitant to pick it up (I know, reviews suck and I shouldn't listen to them, etc). I should have got this day 1 because it's fantastic. The horror seems more real than Resident Evil - as much as I love Resident Evil, the scares are all shock and everything is pretty campy. The Evil Within is more psychological horror, and some of the material truly fucks with my head. Gameplay isn't quite as cool as Resi 4, but it's still fun enough that it's been tearing me away from Bayonetta 2.

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow Second playthrough. Shocking how well this game has held up graphically. It's fucking GBA, but still so pretty.

10. The Legend of Korra - Finished it on normal. Sure is a kids game. I wish they had put the same level of effort into the rest of the game that they did the last boss, but considering that he was basically just a slow, weak, easier, and less interesting version of Armstrong from MGR that's not really saying a whole lot. Even then he at least made for a decent cap on an unmemorable game.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - A lot more stealth than I was expecting but it works well and the balance with gunplay is on point. It's somehow amazingly easy on uber, although the player health is low enough that there's less guns-blazing-room-clearing moments than I'd like. The art design is pretty great and dual-wielding assault rifles is wonderful.

Dark Souls - The basic combat for just going through regular enemies is kind of boring, but the atmosphere is great. I'm hoping once I get a few bosses in and start collecting some decent equipment it'll be more engaging. I want to turn off the online stuff because the worthless messages scattered everywhere is distracting to me, as it's practically nothing but "Praise The Sun" every two feet.