Page 58 of 230 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606272 ... LastLast

Thread: The GameFan history thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza
    Fanatic.. that's too... 1980's..

Not that I have a problem with the 80's
    lol, dude I miss the 80's and early-mid 90's so much! But anyway, I just think it should be similar to Gamefan since, well, Gamefan was such a kick-ass name and was very fitting. Here's some more I'm thinking of:

Dyehard: Gamephan? umm, Gaming Revolution , The Next Level (TNL) , humm...Gaming Bliss , Cali Gaming Coalition Video Game Vault: The Past, present, and future of games, GF: The Last few Enthusiast Gamers (GF can mean anything) Underground Gamers ok that's what I got so far hehe. btw I think Hardcore Gamer is pretty good.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    BTW, I registered with the link you PMed me.
    you should have just pm'd him this info, as im sure im not the only one wondering what your special link was. <---------link?

Quote Originally Posted by kevincal
    lol, dude I miss the 80's and early-mid 90's so much! But anyway, I just think it should be similar to Gamefan since, well, Gamefan was such a kick-ass name and was very fitting. Here's some more I'm thinking of:

Dyehard: Gamephan? umm, Gaming Revolution , The Next Level (TNL) , humm...Gaming Bliss , Cali Gaming Coalition Video Game Vault: The Past, present, and future of games, GF: The Last few Enthusiast Gamers (GF can mean anything) Underground Gamers ok that's what I got so far hehe. btw I think Hardcore Gamer is pretty good.
    how about just GAMERS™ or Press Start®?

3. Btw, to you guys starting the new mag. Are you gonna model it after a traditional issue of GF? I think that would be too cool if it closely resembled the format of good ole' GF, just more refined and stuff like that. And to insure the creative writing that happened at GF, I think you should have a party every Friday!

4. Well, I'm not dead set on HGM, but I haven't heard anything better yet (other than Three Foot Sonic).

Trivia: Dave Siller came up with the GameFan name.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kevincal
    Btw, to you guys starting the new mag. Are you gonna model it after a traditional issue of GF? I think that would be too cool if it closely resembled the format of good ole' GF, just more refined and stuff like that. And to insure the creative writing that happened at GF, I think you should have a party every Friday!
    wouldnt resembling it too close make a possible legal dispute?

Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    (other than Three Foot Sonic).
    as would this?

6. We could always call it GameGO! again... :P

7. Quote Originally Posted by djpubba
    Trivia: Dave Siller came up with the GameFan name.
    The Aero the Acrobat guy??

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza
    The Aero the Acrobat guy??
    Yes.

9. Playhard: Gamefun

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    wouldnt resembling it too close make a possible legal dispute?

as would this?
    Yeah, that's why I didn't immediately rename it TFS, 'cause that's the best name so far.