Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready Player One

1. Ready Player One

lol Freddy Krueger.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. Looks better than I expected. Love seeing the Iron Giant in there.

I'm going to have to read this again soon. Love the book so much.

3. I don't remember the chase scene from the trailer, am I just forgetting a part, or is that completely new?
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. I think that's completely new. This looks like it's going to be loosely based on the book. I really doubt all the original game/pop culture references will be in there. I'm hoping a few (The Acererak Joust duel mostly) will be in there but I trust Spielburg to get the spirit of the book.

5. This book was just overly wrought fan-fiction.

MEMBER JOUST??? MEEE TOO! HIGH FIVE!

The characters traveled across the digi-space

MEMBER BACK 2 THE FUTURE??? MEE TOO! HIGH FIVE!

Etc...
    Boo, Hiss.

Did it have a self insert sex scene where the writer got to do a three way with kirk and optimus prime?

How long before this us compared to the drug Saturday morning special?

8. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    This book was just overly wrought fan-fiction.

MEMBER JOUST??? MEEE TOO! HIGH FIVE!

The characters traveled across the digi-space

MEMBER BACK 2 THE FUTURE??? MEE TOO! HIGH FIVE!

Etc...
    Kind of, yeah. But it was, basically about a contest for who could be the ultimate nerd-culture trivia buff.

That seems to be a bit lost in this trailer. It seems like characters are just there, not as part of any of Halliday's challenges, but just because, including wildly out-of-era shit like Gears of War. In the book, what made the characters succeed was their knowledge, so this like "I have to drag race against the BttF car and fight a ninja turtle" stuff seems to be losing that focus.

I'm thinking about reading the book, but it sounds like the most awful jerkoff nerd fanfiction ever.

10. I enjoyed it, but before it was cool to hate it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.