Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 356789 LastLast

Thread: "I'm Staring at the Future of Gaming"

1. Just kind of ignored it altogether! *shrug*

I was much more into single-player games besides fighting games at the time, though. Doom PSX wow'd me a lot more at the time. Woooaahhh lighting effects, etc etc.

Speaking of, I knew X-Men: Children of the Atom was going to mean something...
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Nov 2011 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. I will say when I got Lunar on Sega cd it was like discovering jesus.

3. I felt that way about Snatcher, even though it took me years to get around to playing it. Worth It.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It wasn't the concept that was impressive, dude, it was the use of raycasting to achieve an effect that was outright impossible with the technology of the day using more traditional algorithms. That was NOT an obvious innovation.

Yeah, that's a bizarre thing to say, not because it isn't true but because it so misses the point.

Of course everyone WANTED to make a more detailed 3D game, it was the technical achievement of actually doing it in such a way that it could run on a 386 at 33Mhz that was so mind-blowing. No one else could do that at the time, and it wasn't until about 2 years later that other games in the genre caught up to that (and even then they didn't really run on a 386).
    I didn't care then, and I don't care now.

There is a lot of shit I geek out about. Pushing hardware to do more shit than the other turd on the block can do, isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Just kind of ignored it altogether! *shrug*
    same.

*watches people play Goldeneye and make a big deal out of it*

"but...I can do this on my computer...why are you guys making such a big deal out of this?"

I fucking swear. Every time someone makes playing a FPS a little bit easier on a console, people lose their shit.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 24 Nov 2011 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    I will say when I got Lunar on Sega cd it was like discovering jesus.
    Agreed.

"OMG THE DRAGON IS TALKING TO ME. WTF"

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I fucking swear. Every time someone makes playing a FPS a little bit easier on a console, people lose their shit.
    It played like frozen molasses next to PC/PSX stuff, didn't get it. Bootleg copies of multiplayer Doom and Rise of the Triad at the school computer lab kicked the crap out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It played like frozen molasses next to PC/PSX stuff, didn't get it. Bootleg copies of multiplayer Doom and Rise of the Triad at the school computer lab kicked the crap out of it!
    Seriously. I don't know what was wrong with people.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Seriously. I don't know what was wrong with people.
    My guess is that most of the people that gushed over Goldeneye, didn't own the other 2 consoles. My N64 got dusted off for a couple of good games a year, then got shoved aside so I could enjoy the better stuff on Saturn and Playstation. I was not impressed with Goldeneye.

10. mario 64

angry birds