Page 4 of 267 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Style Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    Another note: I don't wear shorts anymore. I mean, unless I'm at the beach or pool, but that doesn't count.
    I haven't worn shorts in a non beach setting (and once at band practice) since high school.

Shorts are for girls, and little boys.

2. I love shorts.

I never really wore them until I started hanging out at the gym all the time, but now I love them and I look forward to the spring so I can bust 'em out again.

White t-shirt, nice pair of lowtop retro styled puma or nikes, and a pair of shorts = my favoritest outfit.

You're a manly head shaving tricep flexer who'll fight people if they look at you funny. Of course you rock shorts.

4. I fucking hate shopping so it's just this simple:

T-shirts (countless)

Four pairs of pants with pockets on the side, preferably camo, all bought at the same store at the same time for the same CHEEP price. I think the ones I have right now are Union Bay or something. I do know that they were $20 a pair. I'm with Josh on the shorts, fuck that shit.

JC Penney Gold toe socks.

Redwing steeltoes (I own one pair) or Keens (one pair, had to upgrade the shoes after I tweaked my back in '05) or my busted flip flops around the house.

I don't wear underwear.

If it's cold I have one small beanie by some brand I forgot. Otherwise I only wear hats if my hair is grown out and messy. I have a dog eaten Detroit Tigers hat.

I also wear any hoodies that I get for free. If it's really cold I have a total pro Helly Hansen jacket because even though I'm lowbrow I do not fuck around.

GET BONUS!!! Here's a photo of part of my payment for spinning records at some locoass lowrider show in the middle of Idaho:

I've pretty much been chomping at the bit for an excuse to post a pic of that hat from the moment I started the t-shirt thread. Thanks Meach! PS: I never wear it.

As far as the jiu jitsu goes the only gi I really like these days is the Atama Mundial #1 in white. Which has been discontinued. So I bought four in my size.

5. OMG, I use to spin records!

i have been paid the following

50 bucks
    200 bucks
    600 bucks
    1/2 of good kb
    clothes
    E
    etc
    etc

6. Gamorrean Guard!

7. You think I leave that hat unattended?!?!

8. I don't wear anything that I can find on a website to show everyone, and it's hard to generalize since I might only buy 1 thing from a particular store in any given year. I generally wear practical clothes though; anything that I can't do a full squat or kick someone in the head while wearing is no go (or at least ride a bike in). I scoff at the pants and shoes some guys wear that they can barely run with. My common ensemble is cargo pants/shorts, long sleeved (that I roll up), non-collared shirts, athletic shoes, and hoodies generally.

The best price to quality ratio I can find is at the Costco's around here (well in Oregon, the Costco's in Canada have pseudo-british, hockey-lovin' crap), but you can never count on them to have what you need. Just get lucky sometimes. I've bought things from the Gap, Old Navy, R.E.I., G.I. Joes, Meier & Franks...if I needed something nice I'd probably go to Banana Republic. Since I rarely buy stuff, what I do buy needs to be durable and look good coming out of the dryer; no fancy washing requirements, loads go whites/colors/darks, in the absolute loosest sense.

Most people I work with (including the girls) wear jeans and some dorky tee-shirt. It's an odd contrast in downtown Vancouver, with everyone else in their power suits and professional, clearly expensive stuff.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    ...and anything from express.
    I still do not understand the whole super tight pants on men fashion trend.

I went to express mens a while back and tried on a pair of those tight looking girl pants... and I could not even button the things because they were hurting my balls so bad.

I do not understand where these little emo kids with their tight little girl pants put their peepees.

10. The last thing I bought that was new was a suit I found in some knockoff store here. Blue velvety material and it looks all kinds of awesome.

All of my other clothes are second hand - I find the clothes I track down in charity shops far, far better than anything off the highstreet in every respect. I don't wear jeans or t-shirts; usually a plain white or light-coloured real shirt with a pair of black or pinstriped trousers, my pair of army boots (I have a pair of black shoes for job interviews but have never felt the need to buy another pair of shoes; these are too good, and one of them has a rather natty purple lace) and a neckscarf. Also, I've taken to wearing a headscarfy type affair. And then a jacket; I have several that I like a lot. My favourite has tails (!) and is lined on the inside with blue silk.

Writing this post has set me trying to think about the last time I wore a t-shirt - probably about six months ago. I remember the last time I wore one out of the house was a little under two years ago. I really fucking hate the things.
    Last edited by red_war_machine; 04 Feb 2008 at 11:44 AM.
    BTFJ