Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Earthworm Jim title announced, exclusively for next-gen Intellivision. You heard me.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I've been seeing this go around a lot lately, and I can't make sense of it.

Like, yes, I get that Tennappel is a pretty garbage human, and if you're not comfortable supporting him, I get that. But the idea that anyone other than him could make an EWJ game makes no sense to me. The ENTIRE appeal of that franchise is Doug's characters and world. So if you want to cancel Doug, you have to cancel EWJ, too.
    It's more about "I love Earthworm Jim and want more but I wish the person who created it wasn't such a paradox, capable of brilliant flights of imagination yet such a piece of shit in anything involving the real world".

2. Eh entertainers be like that, they’re no better than whores and drug addicts. It’s not like they lead governments or something important.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I’m not sure what a new console can provide that Steam, Switch, and Xbone/PS4 aren’t nailing. The mainstream games have gotten great and the tech is pretty much not tripping folks up so much as their creativity and Indy game markets are quite strong.

Bring this to Switch and I’ll play it.

You losers and your switch

5. Or PS4 or Steam

6. I can see there being a need for a console with a simple controller and no account sign-in bullshit, but the retro mini consoles do a pretty good job at filling that niche.

Yeah, all those games that you can buy and play on them without breaking the law or voiding the warranty...

8. I have never cared less about a game or a console.

I'm less interested in the Amico than the fucking Ouya and Earth Wrom Jim getting the Bubsy treatment on it isn't going to change that.

9. All I want from Bubsy is a middle-aged cat embarrassed at his younger days but getting dragged back into action anyway, wondering how his life went so wrong. Now that I think on it, that's basically Bojack Bubsy.

I'd play that.